Post Your Work Gear (Pics)

This is a discussion on Post Your Work Gear (Pics) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that are fortunate enough to be able to carry on the job (non-LEO) what do you choose? I have a Glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Work Gear (Pics)

For those of you that are fortunate enough to be able to carry on the job (non-LEO) what do you choose?

I have a Glock 22 stationed at my work bench down at my right knee that can be drawn quickly and discreetly if I am seated there. I face the storefront and have a clear view through my view slot while being hidden from the general public. If you don't know in advance I'm there, it isn't obvious someone is back there. I have the advantage if someone rushes in the front door. At the same time I am also carrying a Glock 27 in my Crossbreed Supertuck at 4:30 for when I am anywhere else. I decided to carry with the Scherer pinky extension because I have a much faster and accurate followup shot with it and that's just the way it is for me. I also have a Gerber Vallotton that has recently replaced my Paraframe clipped in my front jeans pocket that is really more for opening packages and cutting string.

I currently have them loaded with Winchester 180gr PDX1 Bonded JHP.

Took this pic before I had my extensions.

Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

At my old job it was this one or the Hi Power I had recently aquired.

A lot of times it is my M&P 340 in the right front pocket of my slacks in a Desantis Nemesis
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Here's what I'm carrying as of now.

MyEDC.jpg
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

What is funny is that I'm a retired LEO(with both retired ID and a state CCW permit)who, naturally, was so used to both work and off-duty carry.Now, that I'm employed in non-LEO/non-security work I do NOT have the option to carry at work. I,of course, do so "off-duty" and mostly it my G26 in the warm weather and my Colt OM when it's winter(?)in GA!! Looks like your set-up is excellent. I'm 'ol school and think my next purchase will be a revolver(LCR or Airweight no-lock Smith)to back-up either of my autos! "Five for sure" is a good mantra in BUG parlance!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Here's what I'm carrying as of now.
    gottabkiddin, did you make that dual mag pouch? That looks extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    gottabkiddin, did you make that dual mag pouch? That looks extremely useful.
    Yup, I tinker in the leather holster and accessories area for some of my needs. Not the prettiest, but they serve their purpose for the most part.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

No reloads for at least a light year or 2, but gotta watch the over loads!!

BTW, stun is for wussies!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I work at a range and this is what I usually carry. However, I have added another magazine. I also posted a picture of how my mags are stacked. I have two JHP up front for quick double taps followed by a FMJ for either the head or if the BG takes cover. And then the rest alternate between JHP and FMJ. Hopefully, I will never have to use the FMJ (or any of them for that fact) but they are there just in case. I need to mention too, that I recently switched this set up with the mags about a week ago. Now I carry one mag full of FMJ while the rest are JHP. This way, if the BG takes cover, I can to a tactical reload to FMJ and have a full mag to pump into his cover hopefully hitting him.

I carry my XDm40
    Two extra mags for a total of 49rds, just 1rd shy of a box
    Kershaw 1670 Black spring assisted folder with the sandpaper like handle
    and my Surefire 60 lumen light that I am looking to replace.

These photos are old since my camera took a . But this is the gist of it.

How my mags used to be stacked. Now just only one mag is full of FMJ.

I think you'll find that most modern SD rounds will penetrate cover virtually the same as a FMJ round.

I saw a demo with a car door and .45acp ammo, both went straight through the door. As to how much kinetic energy each had,.......don't know.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I'm a student right now and by school policy I am not allowed to be in possession of a deadly weapon and of course that includes firearms. I am required to dress in business casual so that of course goes with tucking in my shirt. I didn't like the idea of using my Comp Tac MTAC holster and have the clips showing so I went with Smart Carry!

Bear in mind that my state does not specifically prohibit college campus carry. I decided my life is worth more than a college degree. What good is a college degree if heaven forbid I am not around to use it?

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    I'm a student right now and by school policy I am not allowed to be in possession of a deadly weapon and of course that includes firearms. I am required to dress in business casual so that of course goes with tucking in my shirt. I didn't like the idea of using my Comp Tac MTAC holster and have the clips showing so I went with Smart Carry!

Bear in mind that my state does not specifically prohibit college campus carry. I decided my life is worth more than a college degree. What good is a college degree if heaven forbid I am not around to use it?

GOOD Move! Question: A school in ALASKA that's not pro-carry?? ***?? Contact Gov.Parnell and start complaining. In NY guns are taboo(unless you're "on the job"..cop etc),but here in my new home state(Georgia)I don't think you are prohibited outright on campus. I'm 47,so I've been out of college a long time,but I would definitely be carrying!!! Get Sarah involved too!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

wish i could carry at work. got my utility knife and a flashlight but thats all :(
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Quote Originally Posted by friesepferd View Post
    wish i could carry at work. got my utility knife and a flashlight but thats all :(
    this^^, which sucks.

^ same as you guys plus my Case Sodbuster Jr.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links