P380 report

P380 report

This is a discussion on P380 report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok got some dry weather today and a chance to break in my new Kahr P380. The first magazine was a struggle. Just would not ...

Thread: P380 report

P380 report

Ok got some dry weather today and a chance to break in my new Kahr P380. The first magazine was a struggle. Just would not shoot that particular brand. Changed to PMC brand and ran through all 50 with no problems at all. Next shot a box of American Eagle through with no problems. Tried to go back to the orginal box of cheap stuff but no way will it shoot these. Took the P380 home and cleaned it and rested my thumb. Loading magazine is tough on the ole thumb. After lunch went back out and ran some Blazer through with out issue and tried Magtech hollow points for a while. Looks like I will not be able to use these either. Most went through ok but still had a few FTF rounds. Finished up the break in rounds with more of the American Eagles with no problems. This little gun is a pleasure to carry around. You almost forget you have it on. The recoil is a little snappy due to the lite weight but it is managable. I like the sights and the trigger pull is great. I thought I might want a mag extension for my pinky finger but after 200 rounds I don't really think I need it, I have pretty small hands , so some might need the extensions. Overall the break in went well and I feel confident it will be dependable and fun gun to shoot . It definately it easy to carry. Glad I found one and glad the break in went smoothly. I would absolutely recommend this pistol.

Where did you find all that 380 ammo?

Enjoy your new gun, and may it serve you well!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    tried Magtech hollow points for a while. Looks like I will not be able to use these either. Most went through ok but still had a few FTF rounds.
    - I've had great luck with Speer Gold Dots in my Kahr P380 and Ruger LCP. I didn't have as much luck with Corbon JHP.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post

- It's readily available in CT too. The only problem is that it seems like only certain stores always have it in stock around here... and it's not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post

I had been collecting it for a while. But now it looks like its becoming hard to find again.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I've had great luck with Speer Gold Dots in my Kahr P380 and Ruger LCP. I didn't have as much luck with Corbon JHP.

- It's readily available in CT too. The only problem is that it seems like only certain stores always have it in stock around here... and it's not cheap.
    I will look for the Speer. Definately picky about ammo but still I like it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by got2hav1 View Post
    I will look for the Speer. Definately picky about ammo but still I like it alot.
    - I forgot that I also ran a few boxes of Federal Hydrashock through the P380 with no issues.

- I forgot that I also ran a few boxes of Federal Hydrashock through the P380 with no issues.
    Same here. No problem with either Speer or Federal 380
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Same here. No problem with either Speer or Federal 380
    Now that I finally have the pistol I am having a hard time finding ammo again. I ordered some Magtech FMJ today on line but the choices are slim at this time. Anybody have any leads on 380 ammo?

Come to CT, there's plenty here. :)

I never ordered from this place, but I saw this deal in Slickdeals.
    Gander Mountain® > Speer Gold Dot Ammo

Also picked up a P380 the other day.

Went through 150 rounds to start, then cleaned it up. WWB - no issues. Monarch HP - that was bad, but I burned through them - gone - don't expect to see those again. Then some MagTech's FMJ had a few issues there, but I was not keeping track until past the breakin.

Cleaned it up came back home, went and bought 380 ammo at my local shop, had all sorts of brands. So I just picked up another 100 of the WWB and 100 of Fiocchi. One early round stovepiped, then about 195 through flawlessly.

It will supposedly take plus P.

I really like it, nice gun.

Just order ammo on line far enough out. I also have 800 rounds of handloads, but not using in the Kahr. Need to reload some hotter loads as I have over 1000 empty brass from the past few months trying to get a Sig P238 to work - still not.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint Ridge View Post
    Went through 150 rounds to start, then cleaned it up. WWB - no issues. Monarch HP - that was bad, but I burned through them - gone - don't expect to see those again. Then some MagTech's FMJ had a few issues there, but I was not keeping track until past the breakin.

Cleaned it up came back home, went and bought 380 ammo at my local shop, had all sorts of brands. So I just picked up another 100 of the WWB and 100 of Fiocchi. One early round stovepiped, then about 195 through flawlessly.

It will supposedly take plus P.

I really like it, nice gun.

Just order ammo on line far enough out. I also have 800 rounds of handloads, but not using in the Kahr. Need to reload some hotter loads as I have over 1000 empty brass from the past few months trying to get a Sig P238 to work - still not.
    Good advice order before you run out cause around here it is in short supply. Most of the local gun shops if they have any at all is likely to be some brand you never heard of, and then they limit the amount they will sell to you. I will continue to search on line and order way ahead.

Come to CT, there's plenty here. :)

I never ordered from this place, but I saw this deal in Slickdeals.
    Gander Mountain® > Speer Gold Dot Ammo
    Not a bad price for what I''ve seen around here, but then shipping is going to add a bit more to that price...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not a bad price for what I''ve seen around here, but then shipping is going to add a bit more to that price...
    - Should have mentioned that there's free shipping too. :)

glad you like your p380 with my experience with Kahrs is it will get even better with more rounds :)

I also just picked up some of the speer ammo

oh and if anyone wants a coupon for Gander Mtn.
    coupon code: gander15
    15% off orders over $100

or try

coupon code: LCSUM

$5 OFF $50+

Links