Kel Tec P-11

This is a discussion on Kel Tec P-11 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experence with the Kel Tec P-11? I'm trying to get a guage if this would be a good pick over teh ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec P-11

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Kel Tec P-11

Does anyone have any experence with the Kel Tec P-11? I'm trying to get a guage if this would be a good pick over teh Kahr PM9. Most of the Specs are close to the same, I'm just looking at the price for something that is really easily concealed when I'm wearing shorts and either a light tee or no shirt at all.

2. Remove Ads

P-11

My son has one and says for the money it does the job. Between it and a PM9, I would take the Kahr! Try try to shoot both.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

The P-11 is a good gun for the money... but the trigger really sucks on it. If the money is not a problem go with the Kahr. I like the PF-9 better than the P-11. It has a better trigger and conceals better, but the re-coil is worse than the p-11.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Ive had one for about a year. It feeds reliably, is easy to clean and maintain, and is very easy to conceal. The trigger does suck, but its not as bad as some make it out to be. Don't expect to enjoy shooting it, but it will go bang every time.

I have a P11 and and have no complaints. Accurate and reliable.

I have a P11 as my daily carry gun. I like it.

It's inexpensive, concealable, and American-made. The trigger is heavy and the pull is long, but that's a good thing in something that I might be tempted to slip in my jacket pocket.

My only complaint is that magazines are not as cheap as they could be.

I got a P11 12 +1 9mm is pretty good and it doesn't conceal too bad,and is a good BUG
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    I have a P11 and and have no complaints. Accurate and reliable.
    plus one. i got two and both are good guns. but the trigger is a little heavy.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I bought the p11 and went directly to the range for about 50 rounds of hollow point and ball. No problems . It got uncomfortable to shoot. The trigger pull was long and hard, my trigger finger got sore, etc.
    Went home and a couple days later I did some of the recommended soft buffing of the sharp corners and mold marks , straighten the trigger a little, and dry fired with snap caps a bunch of times. I returned to the range and practiced drawing and firing on a 7yd target for another fifty rounds (2 shots /draw, about 25 reps))and I was very pleased at the results. The trigger pull gets better, or you get used to it, and the results were in less than a soccer ball area with the draw, point and shoot drill . This was from appendix carry. The gun felt good in my hand, never had a failure. I like it and I carry it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danxd45 View Post
    Ive had one for about a year. It feeds reliably, is easy to clean and maintain, and is very easy to conceal. The trigger does suck, but its not as bad as some make it out to be. Don't expect to enjoy shooting it, but it will go bang every time.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^^^^

For $289, this is an amazing firearm.
    When you learn when the trigger breaks, you become more accurate with it. Just don't expect it to be a range gun.
    I am amazed that they are able to get 11, 9mm rounds in this ridiculously small handgun!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My wife has a p11. Very nice for it's purpose. Not fun to shoot at all. Heavy, rough trigger, but very reliable.

Be prepared to make Lemonade if you buy a Kel Tec.

I have P11 and PF9 and have issues with both for over a year. I don't like the trigger on either the P11 or the Kahr. I don't know reliability on the Kahr but Kel Tec's are a roll of the dice. You either win or lose. No in between. If you go to KTOG.com there are posting there that tell you how to lighten the trigger on P11. I've done it and it makes big diff. My issues are FTF FTE. I just did a review on this thread on my Taurus 709 Slim and you should check out the Slim before you buy. Not as many rounds as the P11 but much better gun for my money. Just my $.02

Pf-9 is a great gun Keltecs customer service is the best, i hear..
    YouTube - Kel-Tec PF-9: Table Top Review, Pt 1
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I've contacted Kel Tec customer service three times on my PF9. The first time I sent them the gun, they sent me a new one. Good deal. The second time, first time for the second gun they sent me a new follower for the magazine. The third time their sending me an extractor. Yeah their customer service is good, their guns, that I have, are not reliable. Why buy a light gun for range shooting. Their intended for CCW. If they can't fire three rounds without jamming, I might as well have a derringer. I'm sorry to be so negative, I've read lots of glaring reviews on Kel Tec's. But, that is not my experience with PF9 or P11. If price is the issue, and your good at tinkering, they may work out for you. Or you may grab a good one like others have said they have. If you do a web search for PF9 you'll see a lot of negative comments as well. So, be ready to make lemonade!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I had a P11 about six years ago, bought used, that was great. Actually, I could out shoot a buddy with a BHP with the P11, and I never had a glitch. I have had, or still have most of the KT pistols over the years, and other than the P32 still in the collection, the P11 is the one I wish I had never traded.

surv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links