New M&P .45

This is a discussion on New M&P .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went by one of my local gun stores today and picked up my new M&P .45 he ordered for me. I guess you would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New M&P .45

New M&P .45

I went by one of my local gun stores today and picked up my new M&P .45 he ordered for me. I guess you would call it the compact version, 4" barrel 10 +1 capacity. He has an indoor gun range, so he gave me a box of 230 grain Magtec ammo and I bought a box. I got some free range time so I put 100 ronds down range, did not have one problem. I am a 1911 man but I really liked it, take a little getting used to the trigger, but not bad. The gun will not replace my 1911 as my EDC, but it will get some carry time and be a home defence weapon. I will probably put a laser or light on it or maybe both. Overall I think I will like it.
    Tom
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nice purchase. I've been looking at the 45 M&P to compliment my Glock 36. Waiting on the tax refund.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Nice purchase. I've been looking at the 45 M&P to compliment my Glock 36. Waiting on the tax refund.
    I don't think you will be disappointed if you buy a M&P, I gave my wife the M&P 9c for Christmas and she loves it, that is what got me to thinking about one for myself.

I have a 45fs and put in a Apex sear. It dramatically improved the trigger and will get it closer to your 1911 trigger. Big improvement for only $30.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    I have a 45fs and put in a Apex sear. It dramatically improved the trigger and will get it closer to your 1911 trigger. Big improvement for only $30.
    Every M&P owner should make the Apex Tactical sear upgrade... Unless your M&P is a LE duty handgun.

In 5 minutes, you can have a trigger that many off the shelf 1911's would envy.

M&P Pistol Parts : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Nice! I'm a Glock guy but I really like the M&P.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
    I did the same thing on my M&P, it rocks! BTW, it would be a no brainer for me to make this your EDC. Who would want an extra three rounds of .45 ACP, and about 10 ounces lighter.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Congrats on the 45... Looks like a great HD gun..
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Congrats
    I use to carry a M&P 9c for awhile, really liked the M&P but when i decided on the .45 to carry i sold the 9c to help pay for it. Never had any malfunctions with it at all...Great pistol
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

No offense...but I think that is actually the fullsize. My friend has one and it is an awesome feeling gun in the hand. very nice. makes me think about buyin my first non Glock polymer.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    No offense...but I think that is actually the fullsize. My friend has one and it is an awesome feeling gun in the hand. very nice. makes me think about buyin my first non Glock polymer.
    Yes, you might be right. They do make one that is larger, it has a longer barrel but same capacity,then they make the small one with a 3 1/2" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Every M&P owner should make the Apex Tactical sear upgrade... Unless your M&P is a LE duty handgun.

In 5 minutes, you can have a trigger that many off the shelf 1911's would envy.
    If I may. The DCAEK is engineered to deliver a mid/low 5 lb trigger pull on the M&P and is specified for duty/carry use. We have a handful of LE agencies looking at our kits for standard equipment on their issued guns.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    Yes, you might be right. They do make one that is larger, it has a longer barrel but same capacity,then they make the small one with a 3 1/2" barrel.
    Actually the 'small one' (the MP45c) has a 4" barrel. I think you'll be very happy with your MP45, and yes, the trigger is quite fixable, although I doubt anyone would ever expect it to be 'magic' after you look at it. Perfectly adequate for carry when relieved of some of the roughness, which can be done in about 30 minutes with a decent stone. While I've gotten good results goofing around with sear myself, and have what I think is a very nice 4 1/2 lb trigger...I'm hoping the Apex sear will be just a tad safer. It may be 4 1/2 lbs, but I also reduced the engagement, and on recoil with full-octane SD loads I sometimes pop one off prematurely. Bad juju.

It's my choice for carry and I think you'll be pleased with yours. I plan to start shooting it in CDP division next month if I have a holster by then, as much as I hate to put down the P220. Should be fun.

When did you move to California, Scott? I don't keep up.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Boy View Post
    Actually the 'small one' (the MP45c) has a 4" barrel.
    True, but I think this one is the full-size because the M&P.45c doesn't have a beavertail, and the OP said it was a 10+1 gun, and the compact is an 8+1.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats!!!!!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links