New Purchase Decision

This is a discussion on New Purchase Decision within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I'll be your huckleberry. This is your first pistol get what you want and can afford. My first was 1911 years ago, then a ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Purchase Decision

Ok, I'll be your huckleberry. This is your first pistol get what you want and can afford. My first was 1911 years ago, then a .38 . Look at your life and what you do, research all for yourself, then make your decision.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

I own Glocks and a CZ, though neither of the models you're considering. I carry a G26, so I'd pick the G19. However, the CZ is a great gun too, though I think it would be a bit heavy for my tastes in a carry gun. You can't go wrong either way.

Smile

The CZ is the higher quality pistol. Not that the Glock is bad, but it is not a CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    Been narrowing my choice down for a new compact 9mm and the final two are CZ P-01 and Glock 19, any final comments to sway my final decision would be appreciated.......??
    My apologies for being hit and miss these days. Got a lot going and then some. Still a firm believer in what works best for you, but I've got to tell you that I firmly believe in Glock pistols as the combat weapon of choice and for good reason. Combat pistol you say? Well......when things go down around you in a hurry, it ends up being a combat situation right? Or is it just a reactionary self defense situation? How ready would you want to be? If it's not Glock, then you're second guessing yourself and rolling the dice. Just my honest opinion. Read my sig line. My life is Glock, and Glock is my life. It's not a plug for Glock, it's just that if you knew what I know about Glock pistols, you'd have nothing else.

I choose function over form; Glock 19.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I will add to what others have said about recommending the Glock 19, and that is there are more choices for holsters and accessories. CZ handguns are good and they are imported to my hometown for distribution throughout North America, that being said I still own a Glock 19.
    God bless our troops!

Whatever you do... Get a good gun that you like. Put the Glock down and walk away quickly.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    SL271795.JPG

Glock 19...

I took my new 19 RTF2 shown here with big brother 22 RTF2 and little brother 27 to the range today. 150 rds without a hiccup, (and I didn't even clean out the copper lube before I shot it).
    Proud NRA member

i have a glock 19 & a CZ75.

the CZ75 has over 13,000 rounds through it with no probs whatsoever.

my last two glock 19's have had empty shell stovepipe jams at less than 1,200 rounds.

i like them both, but in my experience the CZ's are the more reliable of the two.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I've never handled the P-01, but if it fit my hand like my surplus CZ-82, I think I might opt for it over the G19. Love my G30, but CZ has a pretty dang good reputaion also. Tough call.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The Glock 19 won out in the end, purchased one yesterday. It was a tough decision however, came down to availability, proven reliability, and best price at the time. I still would like a CZ P-01 sometime down the road.....
    Thanks.........

I like Glocks...BUT you really need to shoot both and see what you like. m .....OOPS...just saw, you went with the G19...great choice, I have one, love it.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

You were no match for the darkside!
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

It was a win-win situation, but I think you walked away with a slightly bigger win than if you had chosen differently.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    Been narrowing my choice down for a new compact 9mm and the final two are CZ P-01 and Glock 19, any final comments to sway my final decision would be appreciated.......??
    I had the same debate as you a few months ago now. Went with the G19 and it came down to these factors:

-Ease of concealment (While they are similar sizes, the G19 weighs significantly less)
    -Cost ( I could get a G19 with factory night sights for the same or a little less as a P-01
    -Accessories (Whether lights or mags, the Glock accessories are just about universally more plentiful and cheaper)
    -Ease of maintenance (It simply does not get any easier than cleaning the glock family)
    -Fit (While the CZ may have had a marginally better fit in hand, the G19 was far from uncomfortable in my hand and is an absolute pleasure to shoot)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links