New Purchase Decision

This is a discussion on New Purchase Decision within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been narrowing my choice down for a new compact 9mm and the final two are CZ P-01 and Glock 19, any final comments to sway ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Purchase Decision

New Purchase Decision

Been narrowing my choice down for a new compact 9mm and the final two are CZ P-01 and Glock 19, any final comments to sway my final decision would be appreciated.......??

2. Remove Ads

If you cantry to handle both, shooting both would be better, then choose which you like best. Me I would choose the G19, but that is for me. Good Luck

Find a range that rents guns and shoot them both. You will know when you handle them and shoot them which one fits you best.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I'd go with the Glock myself... it's a proven winner!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Without a doubt, the Glock-19.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Anybody who so easily refers a G19 in this situation probably hasn't gripped a P01 and definitely hasn't shot one. It is a fine, remarkable weapon. I guess it comes down to taste. Polymer vs. metal, hammer vs. striker, DA/SA vs. DA, 1911 grip angle vs. glock grip angle, etc. The Glock is easy to get parts for but neither gun breaks. Both are rock solid reliable, the CZ a beauty to look at.

Glock 19 all the way!!
    For reliability, ease of use, many different carry options/holsters, and the endless list of options for custom/upgradable parts.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

evo
    I'd go with the Glock. Thought about the 26? Think it is a little easier to conceal even with the magazine extensions. Does not have an accessory rail though.
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

"Get rid of that nickel-plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock"

Tommy Lee Jones

I have two CZ's and both are 100% reliable, never missed a beat, machining is beautiful, price is a good value. I never jumped on the Glock bandwagon so I'd get the CZ.

Both are great guns. Get the one that feels more comfortable in your hand.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Hi there, I'm a brand spankdy-new gun owner and I have zip experience or knowledge of the CZ's. But I can say, I am the very proud and extremely happy new owner of the Glock 22. (mine is the full size, .40 S&W version). I chose it primarily because of the way it felt in my hand and how it performed when I actually shot it compared to other guns I had under consideration that I was able to rent and shoot at the range.

Glocks also have a huge and well-deserved reputation for reliability so far beyond the call of duty that regular folks routinely take their personal Everyday Carry weapons and do crazy crap like throw them out of airplanes, dig holes in mud and inter them for weeks, leave them in salty water for a week and then let them dry in a salty sock in the sun for another week, dragging them for 5 miles down a rock-laden dirt road tied by the trigger, and then without any effort at cleaning at all, beyond blowing rocks out of the barrel etc., they shoot the darn things for 500-1000 rounds (sometimes, on camera without an edit, so you can see they aren't making it up). Some folks don't like the fact that the Glock warranty only lasts 1 year. Me personally? I had no fear buying a used Glock because I know that in actual practice for the last 20 years, there are millions of Glocks out there that are firing happily and without incident even in some cases having not been field stripped and cleaned a single time since going into service.

That is not to say that I am a Glock fanatic. I bought it because it fit my hand, it shot well, and it was an excellent bet and a very reputable company for a gun that I could reasonably afford. And because if for some reason it didn't end up working out for me, it would retain its value very well and could very easily be traded in for something else if it came to that.

800 rounds into ownership, they will have to claw it out of my cold dead hands if they want to get it away from me.
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

I had the same questions/choice conundrum 6 months ago. Once I held the CZ P-01 (14+1 double stack) in my hand the matter was settled and I have never regretted the decision. I never leave home without it. It fits my hand like a glove, is more accurate then my eye, eats everything I feed it, outstanding engineering with excellent fit and finish, carries and conceals well. Mag release, slide release and decocker all perfect size and layout for ease of use. The Glock 19 just did not measure up. IMHO the CZ P-01 is one of the most accurate, solid and dependable 9mm's out there. Outstanding right out-of-the-box, but adding Crimson Trace grips next month. Everyone I met who is lucky enough to own one says the same thing. Just be forewarned...CZ's are addictive...and there are so many flavors.

Glock 19
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I know the Glock 19 is a truly proven reliable handgun and I do like the way it fits my particular hand size. However I have just been leaning more lately toward the CZ P-01, I have been reading lots of positive reviews on this gun, plus I have never owned a CZ, so the temptation to try something new is very strong, I have owned Glocks, just never the Glock 19 which I think fits my hand perfect for a Glock.............. Thanks, keep the comments coming.............

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links