Traded LCP for Kahr CW9

Traded LCP for Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Traded LCP for Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I traded my Ruger LCP in for a Kahr CW9 tonight. I have been thinking about what Sixto and Hoss said about Kahrs in general ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Traded LCP for Kahr CW9

I traded my Ruger LCP in for a Kahr CW9 tonight. I have been thinking about what Sixto and Hoss said about Kahrs in general and BikerRN's mousegun rant, and well I just decided to make the switch. This way it will be easier to find ammo and I will have a more powerful carry pistol that is easier to shoot. I had to use a CT laser on my LCP as I had trouble seeing the tiny sights. The CW9 has usable sights so I don't have to use a laser. I have been thinking about getting a slim 9mm pistol for a long time and narrowed the choices down to either a Keltec PF9 or the Kahr CW9. Nothing against the LCP, I just upgraded in caliber.
    God bless our troops!

Is this for pocket carry?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Maybe for pants or shorts with cargo pockets, but I probably will buy a Crossbreed mini tuck holster for it some time soon. My LCP had a Keltec belt clip on it, but that type of carry made me nervous with the exposed trigger guard and all. I did buy a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.
    God bless our troops!

CW9

Congratulations on the new CW9. My CW9 is broken in and I really like this pistol. I was carrying a P32 in a front pocket, because my BHP and XD were causing back trouble. So the CW9 was a big step for me. I carry it all the time. I shoot it very well, the double action trigger surprised me! I feared I would not be able to shoot as accurately as my other pistols. I was so wrong, its a great pistol.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks RKirk for sharing your experience with your CW9! I plan on carrying this puppy everywhere I go.
    God bless our troops!

Any Kahr pistol is a great choice. Just be careful because soon you will find yourself wanting the PM9 version....don't feel bad it happens to everyone.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

CW9

Actually it was Bikerrn talking about mouse guns that made me decide I needed to make 9-mm the bottom caliber carry pistol. I looked at and shot a number of likely candidates including several Kahrs. A PM9 and a MK9. I decided for me a full grip and a longer barrel would give me the weight I wanted with more control. Two weeks ago I shot an IDPA stage at an outdoor range and was very happy with the CW9s performance. The CW9 is an excellent SD pistol.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I hear ya diablo! I do like the fact that Kahr puts real sights on their pistols.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    Actually it was Bikerrn talking about mouse guns that made me decide I needed to make 9-mm the bottom caliber carry pistol. I looked at and shot a number of likely candidates including several Kahrs. A PM9 and a MK9. I decided for me a full grip and a longer barrel would give me the weight I wanted with more control. Two weeks ago I shot an IDPA stage at an outdoor range and was very happy with the CW9s performance. The CW9 is an excellent SD pistol.

-- Richard
    Ole BikerRN may have started a revolution!
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I did about the same trade myself last July. I traded my perfectly functional three year old P3AT and a couple hundred bucks for a NIB CW9. Then, in January had the new CW9 Trijicon tritium sights installed to make it complete. The only thing I miss about the P3AT is the ease of "boot carry" with a thin IWB holster clipped in the top of a cowboy boot (I do NOT pocket carry). I can squeeze the CW9 in the boot with some jeans, but not very comfortably, but since I carry IWB while off work the CW9 is a great fit for carry. I finally rolled mine over to the 700 round mark last night letting a friend put 50 rounds through it to try it out. That make 700 totally flawless rounds fired by every thing from teenaged French girls that have never touched a pistol, to "mature women", to teenaged boys, and several old men (including me). One would think that out of that bunch of shooters that any possibility for a limp wrist malfunction would have reared it's ugly head by now. I think the CW9 is a keeper.

surv

I think you made the right decision. I carry my CW9 all the time and it has been virtually trouble free from the beginning. Kahr got it right when they designed that one. OWB carry has never been a problem as thin and light as the pistol is.

VIP Member
    Congrats... Sounds like you made a good deal. I have both the LCP and the CW9. I carry my CW9 IWB in an MTAC, from Comp-Tac and almost forget it's there.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Love the CW9. The only thing that I don;t like is the massive plastic base plate on the magazine. A PM9 baseplate would be much better on that gun IMHO. Good trade though!

I've got a CW9 I sometimes carry in a IWB Don Hume H-715. Very nice gun and I think you made a good choice moving up from the LCP. BTW, it's too big for pocket carry. The Crossbreed is a good idea but you might also look at the Don Hume. Almost any untucked shirt will hide the CW9 in a Don Hume.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    I traded my Ruger LCP in for a Kahr CW9 tonight.
    I've had a S&W 442 .38, KelTec P3AT .380ACP, Kahr PM9 9mm, NAA 380 Guardian, KelTec PF9 9mm, and Kahr CW9. Of the pistols in that group, the CW9 is the most reliable and easiest to shoot. Being 9mm and the strong Kahr design, it supports the hottest DoubleTap 500 ft-lb loads. It's no larger than a holstered S&W snubbie revolver, but thinner. While not as small (OAL) as the P3AT or NAA 380, it is very flat and does well in IWB or OWB. In suitably tall cargo-style pockets, a person might even get away with pocket carry, though I find it too large for that.

Enjoy the CW9.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links