Got my BUG today

Got my BUG today

This is a discussion on Got my BUG today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I traded by beretta 92FS for a PT140. I currently have a sigma 40 for my EDC and the PT140 will serve as my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my BUG today

Got my BUG today

Today I traded by beretta 92FS for a PT140. I currently have a sigma 40 for my EDC and the PT140 will serve as my bug. I feel I got a good deal on it. I only came out of pocket a small amount. I am looking forward to taking it to the range for trials. Does anyone know of a good set of laser sights for this gun. I welcome others thoughts on this gun, those that have actually used it. Thanks,

Brian

You traded a Beretta 92 plus cash for a $350 gun? Why don't I find trades like this?

Enjoy the PT140! Don't know of any laser sight for the 140 since it doesn't have a rail and CT doesn't make a grip for it.

I think you did good. I'm not a Beretta 92 fan. The gun is ugly and has durability issues.

The Sigma 40 is a much better full size weapon.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I'm not a Beretta 92 fan either but its a far better gun than anything produced by Taurus. I guess you got what you wanted and thats what counts but I think you traded down and paid money to do it.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Wow something tells me you will regret that trade....glad you have what you want. Hope the Taurus doesnt break...CS sucks.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    You traded a Beretta 92 plus cash for a $350 gun? Why don't I find trades like this?

Enjoy the PT140! Don't know of any laser sight for the 140 since it doesn't have a rail and CT doesn't make a grip for it.
    plus one
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Wow something tells me you will regret that trade....glad you have what you want. Hope the Taurus doesnt break...CS sucks.
    I do not believe I traded down. The beretta was nice, however it did not lend itself to an ideal carry gun. The taurus I bought went up a caliber, is smaller, and has a much better warrenty then berreta has. I bought a taurus pt109 for my wife and its a great gun. I believe, even though I paid $32.00 out of pocket for this gun, that I got a quality fire arm. I welcome all of your opinions on this matter, but for what I was looking for this gun fit the bill. Keep in mind this is going to be my secendary carry or on most days my back up gun to be carried in addition to my sigma. I don't like the glocks much and for the value I feel I have made a fair trade.

Thank you for all your opinions, I do appreciate all everone on this forum has to say. I believe it is filled with a wealth of knowledge.

Brian

Some people have had issues with Taurus warranty, others haven't.

I've never personally had issues with Taurus because I've never owned one. My dad has one of their .22 revolvers and has had no issues. A friend of his has the same revolver and it is on it's 2nd trip back to the factory.

Hope you enjoy the gun, let us know how it shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    I think you did good. I'm not a Beretta 92 fan. The gun is ugly and has durability issues.

Huh?
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

los
    Quote Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    ..."I currently have a sigma 40 for my EDC"...
    Last edited by los; March 15th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post

Now I am very confused!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

So I just got back from the range today with my new gun. Man is this gun sweet! Accurate straight out of the box. I put 250 rounds through it today and it functioned flawlessly. I wanted to test UMC 180 JHP, which worked flawlessly. The last 50 rounds were WWB and no hiccups there either. I understand that the Taurus brand may not be for everyone, but I honestly am very happy with the results. All 250 rounds were 8 or better on the target. This will work just fine for my bug, possibly an addition to my edc lineup. I feel that all things considerd I made a good trade.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Glad you had a good range report. Enjoy your new gun.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Congratulations. I have never owned a Taurus. I have shot several. I shoot my buddies 22 Taurus revoler a lot. It has a few porblems, but he will not send it back because it is very accurate. If I was him I would probably do the same thing.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    Today I traded by beretta 92FS for a PT140. I currently have a sigma 40 for my EDC and the PT140 will serve as my bug. I feel I got a good deal on it. I only came out of pocket a small amount. I am looking forward to taking it to the range for trials. Does anyone know of a good set of laser sights for this gun. I welcome others thoughts on this gun, those that have actually used it. Thanks,

Brian
    Glad you're happy with the deal you made. Enjoy your new gun.

I carried a 92FS for many years and thought it was a great pistol. Recently traded it for a 1911 45ACP.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links