Defensive Carry banner

Kahr mk 40

902 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Superhouse 15 
#1 ·
hello everybody, I am new to this forum and pretty new to ccw. I have been carrying for about 6 months. I carry a Glock 27 and am very happy with it but have recently been looking at Kahr MK 40 .
They are so thin and small I know they would be a lot more comfortable for me to carry IWB which is how I carry almost all the time. What does everyone think about them? Any information will be appreciated.

#2 ·
I have an MK9 and I'm extremely happy with it. Kahr makes very nice handguns for CCW. They are among the most concealable large caliber handguns around. Having said all that, however, an MK40 would seem to be quite a handful in terms of recoil & muzzle flip, if my Springfield XD40 is any indication. But you should try one out and see for yourself...:yup:

#5 ·
Mine has always been 100% reliable. I quit using it when I broke my strong hand, the recoil was too much and the capacity was too low for weak-hand-only. When my hands were healthy it was a favorite in my carry rotation with 135gr Cor Bon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.