Glock 19 Lovers - Page 5

Glock 19 Lovers

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Lovers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own three Glocks and had a fourth but sold it years ago. The Glock 19 is the best model of the entire lineup. Smooth, ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Lovers

I own three Glocks and had a fourth but sold it years ago. The Glock 19 is the best model of the entire lineup. Smooth, accurate, reliable and indestructible. Able to handle +P+ rounds without issue and eats junk ammo like candy.

My 19 is the one that goes on vacations and long road trips with me as well as camping and boating, although I do back it with the model 27 as a secondary on trips. I know without worry the G19 will run and no matter how wet or dirty it gets, it is 100% reliable. Cleanup is a breeze and you can't even tell it got dirty.

Can't beat the 19 for being the best all around tote piece.

I love my gen 2 G19. Bought it new and have never had a problem with it. I did have all the springs replaced last year by a glock armorer and had him go thru the gun. No reasons other than it seemed like it was time. I dont know how many rounds I have put thru it, but I know it has to be pushing 12-15k. What a great firemarm!

Eric

I love mine. Lightweight and able to conceal with some small effort. Also comfortable if worn right with a good holster.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    I love my gen 2 G19. Bought it new and have never had a problem with it. I did have all the springs replaced last year by a glock armorer and had him go thru the gun. No reasons other than it seemed like it was time. I dont know how many rounds I have put thru it, but I know it has to be pushing 12-15k. What a great firemarm!

Eric
    What a wast of good springs, I hope you keep them, they were just getting broken in.
    And to the original post, yes sir every one need at least one G19.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

While not exactly a Glockophile, I do have two Glock 19's, and like them enough that I plan to add at least two more 19's, along with some 17's or 34's, at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    While not exactly a Glockophile, I do have two Glock 19's, and like them enough that I plan to add at least two more 19's, along with some 17's or 34's, at some point.
    While you may not "think" you are a Glockophile, having (2) G19 currently and adding (2) more to your collection is a dead giveaway that you are indeed a Glockophile. You are in the denial stage.

VIP Member
    Count me as a huge fan as well. I wrote up my own "ode to the G19" 18 months ago (or so), when I was carrying one while running protective details in Iraq. It's easy to overlook, because it's so common, but this is one case where "common" doesn't equal "mediocre."

The G19 is a phenomenal handgun.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Own a G19 with 10-8 Performance sights that is just incredible. I recently bought a Gen 4 Glock 17 and regret it totally. Should've bought another G19. I'll even go on the record as saying the G19 recoils less and is a better all-around defensive tool. Heck, even the G19's trigger is superior to my Gen 4 G17. I have a couple of Green Beret buddies at Fort Campbell who've been back and forth to the sandbox a few times. They can carry anything they want. Their weapon of choice? G19.

That's good enough for me. Be safe.

I'll chime in! Glock 19 was the very first pistol I bought when I turned 21 (17 years ago).

I still have it. Still runs like a champ on mostly original parts. Only replaced the mag springs and installed an OEM smooth trigger out of preference not maintenance.

I don't carry it anymore, but it still gets plenty of range time. It's the pistol I go to when I'm introducing new people to shoot.

Thought about selling\trading it a few times over the years, but every time I shoot it, I'm reminded why I'm glad I didn't!
    Watch your six!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I love my G23
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    What a wast of good springs, I hope you keep them, they were just getting broken in.
    And to the original post, yes sir every one need at least one G19.
    LOL! I still have them. I spend a lot of time on the range with my rifles and swapping parts to get the most out of them. One day while doing that I looked over at my Glock and realized, other than new sights, I had not done anything to it. The Glock never complained, just did what it needed to day in and day out. Like I said, I felt guilty....

My G19 gets carried more in warm weather than my M&P9c. Winter time my M&P45 graces my side.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have bout 25,000 rounds through my primary 19. Yes I purchased a second 19. The gun has never failed. I started with a sig228 but my 19 goes everywhere.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I love the G19, but I just love the G23 a bit more. I dunno, I guess I like to carry something that starts with .4
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I bought a G19 to be a carry gun. Lo and behold, it turns out that it is now my favorite pistol. The subcompact Glock may be easier to carry, but the G19 is comfortable in the waistband and at the range. If I could only keep one pistol, this would definitely be the one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links