Rediscovered my PM9

This is a discussion on Rediscovered my PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is nothing earth shattering here, but I just wanted to tell somebody who might care that I rediscovered my PM9 yesterday. I opened my ...

Thread: Rediscovered my PM9

Administrator

Rediscovered my PM9

There is nothing earth shattering here, but I just wanted to tell somebody who might care that I rediscovered my PM9 yesterday.

I opened my pistol safe while getting dressed, and there she was, sitting there looking all lonely, yet sexy. My J frame and 228 seemed to be frumpy and in a bad mood, and my 220 look fat. So I took out the Kahr, slipped her into a High Noon Bare Asset and tucked the package into my waist band. A simple, yet effective holster. What's not to like about that?

Wow, I'd forgotten what a capable, comfortable package that was. It stayed there through a afternoon party for the kids at my house, an evening shopping trip/dinner and movie with my lady friend. It even stayed in appendix carry mode nice and comfortable after eating the best dang hamburger I've ever had at a local joint down the street.

Have you ever rediscovered a pistol? Its kinda like taking a old girlfriend out and wondering why you stopped dating her.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Yup, my latest was my Walther PPK. I'm once again carrying it as my primary for a while and backed up by my LCP. Awesome pistol the pre S&W PPKs.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    ... and there she was, sitting there looking all lonely, yet sexy. My J frame and 228 seemed to be frumpy and in a bad mood, and my 220 look fat. So I took out the Kahr, slipped her into a ...

You've got to get out, more often.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    You've got to get out, more often.
    Yeah, I know.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Have you ever rediscovered a pistol? Its kinda like taking a old girlfriend out and wondering why you stopped dating her.
    Yes, I have. I had shelved my S&W 5906 for a long time, going with its little brother the 6906 when I felt like carrying another gun.

Now I've found a comfortable way to carry the bigger 5906, and the little brother seems, well, little.

Now I remember why I liked the 5906: mo bullets is mo better , plus its got a bigger handle on it.

I do that with my P228 on occasion. Makes me stop and think about carrying it more. I wanna PM9 soon. Talked myself out of one to get the j-frame...that I love but still want a PM.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Just this week i rediscovered my Kimber Ultra Carry when a co-worker of mine asked to see/shoot it and then went out and bought one. I found it was much easier to carry this time around because I am now carrying it in a High Noon Bare Asset holster.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Dad and I share a Ruger MkII with the bull barrel (IIRC 5 1/2"); it is usually at dad's (3 hours away), so I rarely get to take it out - doesn't even happen every year. I added the factory thumbrest grips wooden grip panels from a MkIII a couple years back.

The last two times I took it out, yeah, it was rediscovery. Next time it won't be, as I no longer forget what a wonderful pistol it is.

Links