Walther PPK/S, need help finding - Page 2

Walther PPK/S, need help finding

This is a discussion on Walther PPK/S, need help finding within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a PPK/s and I like it a lot. It was the second gun I bought for myself. That being said...I don't carry it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPK/S, need help finding

I have a PPK/s and I like it a lot. It was the second gun I bought for myself. That being said...I don't carry it much because of the sharp edges and honestly I bought a Walther PPS in 9mm, with 7 and 8 rnd mags, so I carry that much more than the PPS for summer carry in the south.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have the Interarms made version of the PPK in stainless. I purchased it brand new back in the 80's and never fired it until 2 weeks ago as I let my daughter try it out along with a few other guns to see which she would like to have for her CC gun. She decided on a hammerless S&W. She fired 2 clips through the PPK. I have 3 mags and the original box and papers. I would sell it for $500.00 and you pay shipping and FL fees.

Newbie question alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Get a pre S&W PPK and you're good to go.
    Have had the Interarms PPK for years and never any problems. I agree, they're a little on the heavy side, but accurate and dependable, at least mine is. I stopped carrying it for a long time only due to the slide bite the sucker gives off with larger hands. I've come up with a solution to the problem though, don't know what took me so long to come up with it either.

Good luck.
    What are these other "PPK"s? I thought Walther made the PPK.
    Are you all refering look-alike copies made by other brands the way everybody's come out with poly-frame Glock clones?

I have a Polish Radom P-64 9mm Mak which bears a fair resemblance to the Walther PPK. You can pick them up for around $200 (after transfer costs) at Polish Radom P-64 9x18 Pistol
    Actually, they're presently sold out. But that's where I got mine just last week....

Re: PPK/S

Greetings,

Before you rush out to buy a PPK/S, you might want to consider a SIG. It's a very similar pistol. Depending on which exact model PPK/S you're comparing it to, I think the SIG is a little lighter and a fraction of an inch longer - I don't recall for sure).

I has a PPK/S years ago (like in the 70's) and loved it, but I sold it to a friend who drooled all over it, and I wasn't really wanting to have that much money (in those days) tied up in a pistol.

A few years back, I found a stainelss SIG P232 in .380 LNIB for about $300, and I think it's every bit as nice as the PPK/S. Flawless functioning, very high quality 'fit & finish', good looks, and a great feel.

To some extent, I think the current crop of subcompact 9's, .40's, and even .45's has made the PPK platform a little obsolete. My current CCW is a Kahr CW45, and although it's noticeably bigger than the .380's, the difference in wallop-factor is bigger still!

Just my opinion, FWIW.

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I have the Interarms made version of the PPK in stainless. I purchased it brand new back in the 80's and never fired it until 2 weeks ago as I let my daughter try it out along with a few other guns to see which she would like to have for her CC gun. She decided on a hammerless S&W. She fired 2 clips through the PPK. I have 3 mags and the original box and papers. I would sell it for $500.00 and you pay shipping and FL fees.
    Darn it, I wish I had seen this yesterday before I bought the revolver!!!! I have wanted one of these.... I have bought 4 guns in the last 30 days my husband is going to kill me off soon....

OP this is a good price, there was one here in a GS I fondled and they were asking $769 for it.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    What are these other "PPK"s? I thought Walther made the PPK.
    Are you all refering look-alike copies made by other brands the way everybody's come out with poly-frame Glock clones?
    I don't know about the others(clones). I was just speaking to the ones being produced by S&W. I'm not sure about the dates involved just that some of the ones made by S&W had some decocker issues that would result in a possible AD/ND when used. Personally I liked the fact that they extended the beavertail to help against slide bite, but I'm concerned why they changed, or couldn't get the decocker thing right. As I stated earlier, I have the Interarms version and have for years. This version was manufactured by Ranger Manufacturing of Gadsden, Alabama and licensed to manufacture the PPK and PPK/S in 1978. S&W took over in early 2000 I think, but as far as I know they have fixed the problem with the S&W PPK, but I'll keep my Oldie but goody. Very accurate and never fails.

Bond; James Bond.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Greetings,

Before you rush out to buy a PPK/S, you might want to consider a SIG. It's a very similar pistol.
    +1 on the Sig. It won't pocket carry easily, but it is a solid and reliable pistol. I carried one for awhile. Now I carry an LCP, which totally changed the game for pocket .380's.

I've got an Interarms marked PPK (not /S). It's scary accurate. I've only had it about a month, but it's quickly become one of my favorite guns.

At the time I bought it, I could've bought a new S&W Walther PPK for roughly the same price as the used Interarms. I took the Interarms, and I'm thrilled with it. Go to www.waltherforum.com and read up on the various rollmarks. Educate yourself on the PPK before you buy one that you end up not liking

Administrator
    I have one of the early Interarms and it's a great & beautifully built firearm.
    It's fit like a fine watch.
    No problems with it at all.

I have an Interarms PPK/S which is utterly reliable with FMJ Ball ammo. the PP series was designed back in like 1929; in pre-hollow point days; so I use only ball ammo in it. With a .380, I think FMJ ball is going to give me penetration and HP's just might not expand well and stop the BG. My 2 cents...get an Interarms or a German one if you can find it. Coolness factor can't be ignored; I agree there are plenty of lighter, maybe better pistols available now, in fact, I am wearing a Kahr CW9 right now and its lighter and easier to CCW but nowhere near the realm of the PPK PPK/S in terms of pure class. The PPK/S is spot on accurate too and I have no problems carrying it as a self defense weapon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links