Another weekend score...

This is a discussion on Another weekend score... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nice looking 1911. I'm debating between purchasing a XDM 9mm or the RIA compact after I sell my Glock. Just have to figure out if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another weekend score...

Nice looking 1911. I'm debating between purchasing a XDM 9mm or the RIA compact after I sell my Glock. Just have to figure out if I want higher capacity or larger rounds in my purchase.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    Yeah, the grip tape had to go first thing. I wnt ahead and placed an order with Brownell's and installed a new Wilson Combat comp trigger and sear, and new wolf springs all around (sear, main, recoil, FP) and added new grips. I like the looks and the oh so smooth trigger pull now. When you work on these handguns yourself you get a true appreciation for the true genius of JMB. Also as far as RIA quality as opposed to more hi end 1911 makers. I have had many different 1911 apart over the years including Colts, Kimbers, Paras, Dan Wessons and Springfields and with the RIA I see nothing internally that makes me think its less gun. Great 1911 platform for the money, I still have less than $400 in this gun total, thats hard to beat.

Well, there you go, ruining a perfectly good GI pistol with all that fancy-dancy customizing stuff. Just couldn't leave it alone, could ya?

You're probably the type that would take a nice classic VW Beetle and stuff a Porche engine in it to make it run better.

Well, so would I! Again, nice gun.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You definitely have vision...great buy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links