Taurus Repair Work

This is a discussion on Taurus Repair Work within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent both my Taurus 709 and 85 ultralite back to Taurus for repairs. I'm going on week 6 on waiting for them to return. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus Repair Work

Taurus Repair Work

I sent both my Taurus 709 and 85 ultralite back to Taurus for repairs. I'm going on week 6 on waiting for them to return.

For those who have sent guns back to Taurus for Repairs, how long has the repairs taken?

I'm growing impatient

2. Remove Ads

los
    Wow, I don't even wanna ask about your Toyota.!! j/k, of course.

I'm a first time Taurus owner. I recently purchased a 709, but mine has been problem free. So I have no experience with their CS.

What was the issue with your 709..?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Well that's one of the big beefs as former owner,I had with taurus owners had with QC. In my case I loved the size of the pistol but I couldn't get a a rattle out pf it.This pistol was a sub compact and it was a bear to field strip. The guy I sold it to is some what competent when it comes to field striping even though he only has 8 digits,he run into a table saw and the saw won.It cost him $25 bucks to have a gunsmith to put it back together and he had a ***** of a time !

I have sent back Two of my Taurus Revolvers for repair. One was my falt it broke and one was their problem. Both were fixed and returned no questions asked. They did not have the Guns more than Ten Days. I have all so ordered parts and had good service. The only things I recomend is If you can get your Dealer to send the Gun back for you without you paying to ship it and if you have to pay to ship, get a Gunsmiths Price for repairs. Some times the repair is cheaper than the shipping coast for the free repair.

Senior Moderator
    This is the main beef I hear about Taurus now, their super long wait time on repairs with no communication to the owner of the firearm.

That being said they usually fix it and honor their warrenty.

I own 3 taurus pistols and luckily never had to send one back
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

As of today, at least six weeks. That's how long its been since I sent in my 738. What's really aggravating is there's a place on the Taurus web site to track repairs. Mine shows "awaiting repairs". Glad I read this today. Reminded me to make a phone call.

Administrator
    Taurus lifetime warranty is notorious because that is how long it takes them to get the gun back to you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Maybe you can pass it on to you grandkids....you'll have to because that will be when it shows back up...LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My PT111 was out of my hands maybe three weeks, tops, 2-3 years ago.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    ive heard stories that have taken long periods like you are experiencing and recently a gentleman who had his back within 2 weeks...it is one of the biggest beefs with their service...the turn around time tends to be long...

i would get onto taurusarmed.com and find a contact at the factory...the guys there seem to have found some better ways to get things done..

i am another one of the guys who has never had an issue with my taurus guns so i cant relate...

on a similar note i know people who have returned their rugers, kimbers and new db .380 multiple times without resolution....so dont feel alone....

This is just a thought and no more. Maybe by the sheer volume of sales recently due to the times the percentage of repairs have gone up also. Many company's and or industries have cut back on employees and overtime for the help they have, I know I am one ( no o.t. no matter what ). I may very well be all wet but I have to think this may be a factor in the long waits.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    This is just a thought and no more. Maybe by the sheer volume of sales recently due to the times the percentage of repairs have gone up also. Many company's and or industries have cut back on employees and overtime for the help they have, I know I am one ( no o.t. no matter what ). I may very well be all wet but I have to think this may be a factor in the long waits.
    They probably have long waits for returns because of the sheer volume of the JUNK that's sent back to them for repair...because that's exactly what they sell. I took my PT738 back to my local gun shop after the mag release broke in half after about 30 rounds. I've been contacted by at least on other poster on this board with the same issue. I'm sure that there are many gun owners that do not post on forums like this who have experienced failures. One gun store employee I spoke with here locally told me that Taurus has the WORST rate of returns for repair out of any other make in their shop. Other forums abound with the failures of Taurus products, including numerous malfunctions, parts breakage and sights falling off.

I should have known better than to take a chance on a shoddy, third-rate manufacturer. Lesson learned. When that PT738 gets back, it's outta here. Maybe I'll trade it for something that actually works, like a Hi-Point.

(Just kidding about the Hi-Point. Maybe)
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Smile

I had a very stiff magazine release on a 24/7 OSS 40 cal that I sent in on 2-10. It came back today and the mag release works like a charm. They also replaced the recoil spring all at no charge. I have heard of really long waits at S&W and others, so I would not get to bent out of shape. I think that the most consistent quick turn around seems to be Ruger from what I have read on the various forums for the last year.

Personally I have owned 2 Taurus products to many.
    1) new Judge I shot 5 45 LC through it and then Loaded 5 410 shells into it
    on the first shot I blew the barrel 15 yards down range.
    2) new 85 ultalite hard to open cylinder and cylinder lock up when firing......

Lesson learned you get what you pay for, I replaced them both with a S&W 638 and a Ruger LCR both have been flawless

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Wow, I don't even wanna ask about your Toyota.!! j/k, of course.

I'm a first time Taurus owner. I recently purchased a 709, but mine has been problem free. So I have no experience with their CS.

What was the issue with your 709..?
    I've been taking a few ribs lately with being a toyota guy But the 709 has failure to extract the shell and the slide will lock back with rounds left in the magazine

Hmm. Seems like I'm not the only one frustrated with their service. Thanks guys for all the posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links