Range Report M&P vs CBOB 1911

This is a discussion on Range Report M&P vs CBOB 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took the new M&P and my CBOB out and did a little shooting this afternoon. I used WWB 230gr. in both guns and shot ...

Thread: Range Report M&P vs CBOB 1911

Range Report M&P vs CBOB 1911

I took the new M&P and my CBOB out and did a little shooting this afternoon. I used WWB 230gr. in both guns and shot 50 rounds in both from 15 yards, target size is 10"x 16", cloudy 45 degrees. The first pic is the M&P (actually had two targets but both wer pretty much the same so I just showed one) and the second is of the CBOB, with all 50 rounds into one target. I would like to say that both guns performed without a problem, with that being said the M&P had 100 rounds put down range yesterday when I bought it and had not been cleaned. I have put several hundred rounds down the pipe of my CBOB, and am used to the way it shoots also the CBOB was clean when I compared the two of them. I am a big fan of the 1911 platform and it is the gun of choice for my EDC, but I will also say that I think after putting a few hundred rounds in the M&P and I get used to it it will be a fine pistol. I think as of right now the CBOB beat the M&P out in accuracy, but as said both functiond flawlessly and I have shot the CBOB much more. As it stands so far I am very pleased with the M&P and would recommend this pistol as a SD weapon. I have a G30 and have owned several other brands of pistols but I really like the way the M&P feels in hand, almost as good as a 1911, but than again nothing will ever feel that good. LOL!!!!
    Tom
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    I took the new M&P and my CBOB out and did a little shooting this afternoon. I used WWB 230gr. in both guns and shot 50 rounds in both from 15 yards, target size is 10"x 16", cloudy 45 degrees. The first pic is the M&P (actually had two targets but both wer pretty much the same so I just showed one) and the second is of the CBOB, with all 50 rounds into one target. I would like to say that both guns performed without a problem, with that being said the M&P had 100 rounds put down range yesterday when I bought it and had not been cleaned. I have put several hundred rounds down the pipe of my CBOB, and am used to the way it shoots also the CBOB was clean when I compared the two of them. I am a big fan of the 1911 platform and it is the gun of choice for my EDC, but I will also say that I think after putting a few hundred rounds in the M&P and I get used to it it will be a fine pistol. I think as of right now the CBOB beat the M&P out in accuracy, but as said both functiond flawlessly and I have shot the CBOB much more. As it stands so far I am very pleased with the M&P and would recommend this pistol as a SD weapon. I have a G30 and have owned several other brands of pistols but I really like the way the M&P feels in hand, almost as good as a 1911, but than again nothing will ever feel that good. LOL!!!!
    Tom
    I would suggest that you upgrade the M&P with the Apex Tactical sear. This will bring the trigger into a similar weight as the 1911 and will provide a much smoother break. Your groups will tighten considerably once you stip fighting the rough & heavy trigger of the M&P.

I have upgraded all of my M&P's with the34 Apex sear, and I have been amazed at how much this little $29 sear improves my accuracy. My best shooters are 1911's, but my improved trigger M&P's aren't that far behind.

Watching the how-to video takes longer than the process of changing out the sear.
    M&P Pistol Parts : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    I would suggest that you upgrade the M&P with the Apex Tactical sear. This will bring the trigger into a similar weight as the 1911 and will provide a much smoother break. Your groups will tighten considerably once you stip fighting the rough & heavy trigger of the M&P.

I have upgraded all of my M&P's with the34 Apex sear, and I have been amazed at how much this little $29 sear improves my accuracy. My best shooters are 1911's, but my improved trigger M&P's aren't that far behind.

Watching the how-to video takes longer than the process of changing out the sear.
    M&P Pistol Parts : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
    Thanks alot I will certainly check into that for my .45 and the wife's 9mm.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    Thanks alot I will certainly check into that for my .45 and the wife's 9mm.
    Just know that it lightens your trigger pull to around 4.5 .lbs it works great.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Yep, you can get a trigger just as light as the 1911, and shoot it just as well.
    and no thumb safety, and no grip safety.

So you could get a feel for that by taping down your grip safety, and carrying with your thumb safety in the off position. Bingo!

m&p 45

Apex sears are not available yet for the 45 they are in the process of building them according to the Apex link provided.................John

Quote Originally Posted by john452 View Post
    Apex sears are not available yet for the 45 they are in the process of building them according to the Apex link provided.................John
    I spoke with a lady at Apex and she said the current sear would fit 99% of the M&P .45's but there could be a problem, the new ones for the .45 should be in this week and on the website for sale right away.

Links