Glock 33 Y or N??

This is a discussion on Glock 33 Y or N?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about picking up a Glock 33 or HK p2000sk for summer. Currently carry an HK p30 9mm looking for something smaller. Please share suggestions....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 33 Y or N??

Glock 33 Y or N??

Thinking about picking up a Glock 33 or HK p2000sk for summer. Currently carry an HK p30 9mm looking for something smaller. Please share suggestions.

2. Remove Ads

Just my opinion, but I would stick with something other than a plastic brick to carry around.

VIP Member
    Why 33 over the G27 or G26? If I were starting all over, it would be the G27. As it is right now, I just don't want another caliber to stock-pile.

Very few would dispute that Glock makes a fine CC.

If you're used to HK, like its reliability and function, and you're looking for a smaller carry gun, then of the two you mention I would highly recommend picking up a P2000SK.

Very reliable. Very accurate. Easy to strip and clean. Ambidextrous everything. Lock-out feature (if you're into that sort of thing, ie with children around). Works with most every ammo.

I've got a P2000SK V2/LEM in 9mm. It is in the middle of the break-in phase, so there isn't much to tell yet. But it's everything that people have said. The LEM trigger is a wee bit stiff from the factory, though HK has the option of swapping the trigger return spring (TRS) to something a bit lighter or heavier depending on your tastes.

As you know, the P2000SK is available in 9mm, .357 SIG and .40cal. It would be a good companion to the P30, I think. Not a whole lot smaller, but noticeably so.

Decisions ... decisions.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Great thing about a G33, or G27 is that you can buy aftermarket barrels for them and have essentially 3 calibers in one gun.

.357 sig ammo isn't cheap, but it is always on the shelf at my local Wally World. Shooting it at the range is a blast, and a head turner.

They are both fine guns...but the Glock is always easier to work on and find aftermarket mags and accessories. I am a Glock armorer, and they are caveman simple and just plain work. Plus you can get 32 or 31 mags for the 33 for spares. The .357 Sig is an excellent round. plus you can buy a .40 barrel and swap out. I would go for the 33.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My $.02 (prior to inflation):

Get the G33. The .357 Sig is a great round, although a bit harder to find and slightly more expensive.

A bonus: Drop $99 with Lone Wolf for a 9mm or .40 S&W conversion barrel. The G33 and G27 are the exact same firearm with different barrels. Reliability would not be an issue. Ammo is cheaper and more avail.

The 9mm conversion would need G26 mags to work properly, but it would be nice to have for the range.

I like the option of being able to shoot different rounds thru one gun. I can afford more ammo, not more guns!

No opinion on the HK. Never shot or considered one. Too pricy for me. But if you've got the extra money and like it, why not?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

JT
    Yes, and get a 40 barrel to go with it.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Great advice from a lot of people! I am going to have to agree with most on this thread. Get the 33. Its easy to convert to a .40 and 9 as well because Glock use the same frame and slide for the 26/27/33. Plus the .357sig is a SUPERB defensive round.

I carry the Glock 27, and it carries VERY nicely in the right holster. A crossbreed or MTAC tuckable holster gives you the tuck-in option or just throw a t-shirt on. Either way, this weapon choice and rig make for a comfortable, concealable, and POWERFUL rig with caliber options; I'm a fan of variety .

Oh, and did I mention Glock's legendary reliability and durability?
    Last edited by Dsimon11; March 16th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: additional info

The frame is the same, but the slide for the 26 is not the same as the 27 and 33.

You cannot put a 27 or 33 barrel into a 26. The outer barrel dimensions are diff.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    The frame is the same, but the slide for the 26 is not the same as the 27 and 33.

You cannot put a 27 or 33 barrel into a 26. The outer barrel dimensions are diff.
    The 27/33 to 26 conversion barrels are the same diameter as the .40 barrel. You're right about not being able to convert a 26, though. Gotta be real careful about what barrel you get aftermarket.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Y.....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post

I don't think anyone said or implied that. The point made was that you can install a 9mm conv. barrel, which has the same dimensions as the G33 barrel, in either the 27 or 33 to shoot 9mm. Going down to 9mm is easy, not going up from 9mm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon11 View Post
    Glock use the same frame and slide for the 26/27/33.

Sorry, I was just trying to clarify that you can go from 27 or 33 to 9mm, but cannot convert a G26/9mm to .40 or .357 sig.

.357 sig ammo is too expensive for my taste. although it is very effective stopper.

my friend has the g33, and finds the recoil rather unpleasant.

i'd say no.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links