Glocks and lasergrips

This is a discussion on Glocks and lasergrips within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i just got crimsontrace lasergrips for my glock 19 and was wondering what you other guys think of them if they are any good or ...

Thread: Glocks and lasergrips

Glocks and lasergrips

i just got crimsontrace lasergrips for my glock 19 and was wondering what you other guys think of them if they are any good or not or should i go with lasermax thats the one that replaces the spring and guiderod but you cant adjust it but the crimsons ones you can witch is better thanks for any input

2. Remove Ads

Crimson Trace...How to make a fat Glock fatter!
    I tried the Lasermax, but found it kept being turned on by my holster. Poor switch design, but not as bad as their version for the 1911!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Not a fan of laser sights of any kind. One more thing to become dependent on that might not work in a bad situation. My experience is that people become to reliant on laser sights. The standard Glock sights are excellent. No need to embelish the gun in an attempt to increase accuracy.

Genghis

Quote Originally Posted by george ries View Post
    i just got crimsontrace lasergrips for my glock 19 and was wondering what you other guys think of them if they are any good or not or should i go with lasermax thats the one that replaces the spring and guiderod but you cant adjust it but the crimsons ones you can witch is better thanks for any input
    I like the Crimson Trace lasers better since their activation is instinctual.

I had a Crimson Trace on my G23. Didnt like it. It worked OK, but I didnt like the bulge on the grip. Plus it looked like some sort of bad scab growing on my gun.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by george ries View Post
    Well, I put the CT Lasergrips on my wife's G26. She loves it and her Glock. About six months ago, she picked one up at a local gun shop and really liked it, so I set her up with everything since I love her so much. Me? I think it's nice, and for her, I feel good and warm inside. Personally, I'm not running out to buy one for myself or to put on any of my other pistols. I prefer to do without the laser for now. If....I say if I were so inclined to have a laser for my Glock carry, it would most likely be the LaserMax internal guide rod ......thing is, as a certified Glock armorer, I don't suggest changing any parts in your Glock with anything other than OEM. That's where the CT LaserGrips work best....leaving your Glock stock.

Distinguished Member
    I have the laser grips for my G23, I can't use it because it just makes the grip a little to large, and I have to change my grip a little to fire it right. I also have a problem when I use it tracking the laser instead of keeping on target when I work on controlled pairs. All and all it's not a bad idea it gives you a good mark to shoot at, and in the event you have to draw down on a BG, you have the added intimidation factor of a laser being aimed at their dome. I would suggest if you do plan on using it, to practice with it, then take the batteries out of it and use your sights. After all it runs on batteries, and you don't want to not be able to hit what your aiming at with your sights if it comes down to a shootout.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

For civilian self-defense use the only lasers that would be good are ones that turn on as part of the draw. If you must take the time to flick a switch on before you can aim your firearm it, it is not a good thing.

There are only three made for handguns that I know of that fit this criteria:
    Crimson Trace Grips and Laserguard; both have grip switch - Laser Sights For GLOCK Pistols | Crimson Trace Laser Grips ,
    and ArmaLaser; has finger sensing switch - GLOCK ARMALASER - Glock by ArmaLaser Inc. .

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

I have Crimson Trace grips or Lasermax Sabres on all of my Glocks. I find them to be a real benefit at night or for point shooting.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

The CT grips do add more heft to the grip than I prefer, but I'd never replace the internals of a Glock for a Lasermax. Not ever.

I fully agree with adaman04. I too agree that the CT is great for point shooting should the need arise, so that's why it's stuck like a 'bad scab' on my gun

though I do enjoy shooting it at the range without the grips on about half the range time...
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

thanks guys for the info

Links