I'm back in the fold guys...

This is a discussion on I'm back in the fold guys... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well guys some of you here know I've had some legal issues as of late but by the grace of god they are settled,except for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back in the fold guys...

I'm back in the fold guys...

Well guys some of you here know I've had some legal issues as of late but by the grace of god they are settled,except for a small detail such as getting my guns back from the police which my attorney is working on. So my carry permit is reinstated and I've made the decision to carry again and I was in need of a gun,which brings us to my newest find.

I was in my local gun shop and due to legal fees and such I'm VERY short on cash so I found a used Taurus 85UL their lightweight 5 shot snubbie. Its used and except for some minor finish wear its in nice shape. Its passed all of the usual revolver checkout tests with flying colors,its no S&W but I took her to the range today and it functioned and shot flawlessly. And best of all I got it for $230 OTD I'm very pleased with it overall given what I had to spend and what I got. There were a couple of used S&W's but they were out of my very limited price range. I figured the Taurus is better than what I had which was nothing,let me know what your guys think and its good to be back in the saddle.

Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    It's good to see you back and glad to hear that you haven't let that situation derail you my friend.

Welcome Back!

BTW - Nice Piece!
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Congrats on being back and your legal troubles being solved. Great find even though i am not a Taurus fan. It shoul dget you back in the game and keep you there until you get your other guns back and should make a good trade piece should you decide to rid it later.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Glad things are working out for you and glad you've decided to keep carrying. Some decisions are best made when not in the heat of the moment. Congrats on your carry gun and sounds like you got a sweet deal. Although I'm not a fan of Taurus, if you have the opportunity to mess with it prior to buying like you did then there shouldn't be any issues. Although sometimes hit and miss with QC, they can make a good and reliable gun and it sounds like you got one...for a steal!
    If you have the organ donor box marked "Yes" on your concealed carry permit, you may want to consider more training.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I'm glad to see you're back. I hope things continue to go well for you.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Welcome Back
    Congrats on the snubbie, it will make a fine back up, when your other firearm is returned
    I'm very glad to hear you decided to carry again, and even more so that things are coming around for you.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Welcome back...I had a 85 years ago...great gun, enjoy!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Very glad to hear the dust is beginning to settle. Good luck on getting the gun back...I'm sure your attorney will work it out.

Stay safe

Glad you didn't let the legal issues keep you down. Keep on your attorney about getting your iron back.
    Did he give you any kind of timeframe for the return?
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Glad that you're armed once again.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

evo
    Good to see things are clearing up and you are carrying again.
    It is about WHETHER you carry, not WHAT. And hey, you'll have a backup pretty soon
    Benjamin Franklin: "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

Congrats on your situation working out and nice snub!!! That's a pretty handy piece you got, and it sounds like a great deal. Enjoy it, and stay safe.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Very glad to hear! Hopefully, you'll get your firearms back. It may take a while, but really they have no reason to keep them. They enjoy playing confiscatory games like that in some places.

My brother-in-law had to wait over 3 years to have guns returned when no charges were filed after an arrest. I hope it doesn't take you that long, but keep the faith. Again, they have no legal reason not to return them, they're just hassling you at this point.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Welcome back, I'm happy that you didn't let this get you down. I know you were kind of depressed when you first posted. Keep the faith and be safe.

Thanks guys for the input and all of your support its been a great help. I gotta say it felt strange carrying again for the first time in three months but I'm feeling better about it as time goes on. I was even worried the my little brazilian belly gun was printing in its pockets holster,even though I realized no causal observer would be able to tell it wasn't a wallet in my pocket.

In a lot of ways I am starting all over I guess,but its all coming back to me now. Another thing with this little Taurus is it has a really smooth trigger and the single action was even better. Plus its really accurate with the 125gr federal nyclads I have in it I'm gonna get some of the speer 135gr short barrel ammo for it this week as well.

Overall I really like this snubby and after reading all the bad things about taurus online I was a bit hesitant but then I've also read here and elsewhere of plenty of happy taurus 85 owners.

Believe me I know its now. S&W or Colt but its a perfectly serviceable gun,especially for the price I paid. My analogy is like this,a Camaro Z28 SS isn't a Corvette grand sport or ZR1 but its not picece of crap either and is a lot of car for the money.

I'm happy with it and plan on holding on to my Taurus for a long time. As a side note a friend of mine back in Boston has three of these gun between himself and his wife.
    One in the exact same model I have the other two are my same gun only with a factory bobbed hammer and the other is a bobbed hammer steel model.

He says all have been totally reliable and great shooters,the ultralite with bobbed hammer is his CCW he couldn't believe the price I got mine for when I told him. Thanks again guys for all the support.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links