My carry combo - Page 2

My carry combo

This is a discussion on My carry combo within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; when i shot the storm my least favorite thing was the trigger. The take up on single action is very long which to me really ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My carry combo

when i shot the storm my least favorite thing was the trigger. The take up on single action is very long which to me really defeated the purpose of being single action. It feels great to molest in the store though. I guess maybe i am just spoiled on my HK's.

Congrats I really like those.

There was only one issue other than the sights which I hate. The back strap retainer spring was missing. I called Beretta USA and they apologized and took my info and the serial number of the gun and said they would have one in the mail right away. I will update on the results. I player "draw and point" and then re-holstering for an hour or so yesterday and the holster is awesome. It is getting much easier to draw and re-holster. I'm sure most of it is me. I want to put Trijicon BE10 sights on it. I am trying to figure out if I can do it myself. I have been in the maintenance and machining field all my life so I just have to figure out how.
    A Man's true character is defined by what he does when no one is looking.

Nice rig. I almost bought the PX, but chose a XD9SC instead, simply because of the differences in the triggers.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Looking good. Congrats
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Ok, now I am going to have to take a closer look a the Storm. The way the back of the slide is rounded off appears to be what I have been hoping manufacturers would do. Just looks like it will print so much less than some of my guns for 3:00 carry.

Is it offered in 40 S&W and 45 ACP? Is that a safety or a push down decocker?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Range Day

Well today I finally got to the range with my Storm Sub and my wife with her Bersa Thunder 380.

The Storm - I installed Trijicon sights on it last week. It took about 3 magazines and several tapping sessions on the sights to get them zeroed in. Windage is dead on but they shoot about an inch low at 7 yards. She easily shoots a 3 inch pattern at 7 yards. Since I am strictly concerned with SD that is a good pattern. I am sure I will get better as I put more rounds down range. I shot a little over 300 rounds with no FTF, FTF or failure to go into battery. 1 time the slide did not lock back on a empty mag. I used Ultramax 115g remanufactured lead nose, UMC 115g FMJ and Golden Saber 147g defense loads. She ate everything I threw at her with no issues. The accuracy on the Ultramax ammo was OK with the UMC better and the Golden Saber rocking the house....... sweet defense rounds. This handgun is a dream. Rapid shots are no problem doing accurately even with the defense round and the muzzle flip is very controllable. The hardest part of shooting this gun is loading the ammo into the magazines. Man is the spring tension tight. Since I am not the gorilla type, I could manage about 7 rounds before I pulled out the loading tool. I know I'm a sissy. I am 100% comfortable with this handgun for defensive carry. 14 rounds total available in 147g defense round with a velocity around 940fts at 50 yards and energy at 50 yards of around 290 I feel the fire power in more than adequate. The mag falls away easily when discharged and the next mag is easy to load. The safety is a feel good if you like it. Since the 1st round is a double action some may say the safety is redundant. I like it since I am one of those guys that stuff just happens to. Big thumbs up. Can't wait to go for my CCW training next week so I can blow the center out of the target.

Bersa Thunder 380 - My wife has been looking for some time. She suffers from arthritis in her wrist that makes it difficult to not only handle recoil but to perform functions like racking the slide. She handled pistol after pistol a few weeks ago at a local gun show then when she held the Bersa she simply fell in love with it. She ran about 100 rounds through it today. The recoil was not a problem. Even the Golden Sabre 102g defense loads. She did have 3 FTF all on the last round. The Golden Sabers did not have a issue with FTF. Neither did the Blazer FMJ. Only the Wolf lead nose. So we will avoid it. Only one mag comes with the gun. My wife simply cannot load the rounds into the mag with her issues so I will purchase additional mags for her. Her next challenge is how she wants to carry. She loves the Thunder 380 and is comfortable with it. As her proficiency improves and the gun breaks in it is going to serve her well. After about 3 magazines, (21 rounds), she was able to keep all the rounds in the silhouette with many in the center mass zone at 7 yards.

Note: Lead nose ammo is very dirty and both guns are a mess. I feel the fact that they even functioned as dirty as they are is a tribute to both pistols.
    A Man's true character is defined by what he does when no one is looking.

Congrats, glad all went well at the range, hope they serve you and your wife well. I really like the looks of the Storm.

Looks grate hope it works very well for you!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    well.....now that you've been exposed to the "Storm bug", you must seek out a CX4 Storm carbine with the PX4 magazine well configuration. Now THAT's a "combo"

surv

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mallonee View Post
    I hope to get to the range in the next week or so. I pulled off a couple of rounds in the gully out back of the house and it shot great.
    Shot quite a few of the full size Storms and thay are great weapons. Very accurate and reliable. The 2 most important things IMO foe a SD weapon as you can conceal about any handgun with the right clothing, holster and belt.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Nice rig...looks comfortably tucked in its 'place'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links