Range report-Kahr and Sig

This is a discussion on Range report-Kahr and Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got back from the range to try out my new Kahr PM9 and had a wonderful session! I did as many on DC recommended, ...

Thread: Range report-Kahr and Sig

Thumbs up Range report-Kahr and Sig

Just got back from the range to try out my new Kahr PM9 and had a wonderful session! I did as many on DC recommended, took it apart and thoroughly cleaned everything. I tried Blazer Brass, Independence and WWB 115gr FMJs. This gun is fantastic!! It performed flawlessly out of the box (after the scrubbing) with any of the above ammo. No FTF or FTE's at all and its superbly accurate! I know I have more rounds to get through her before being reliable enough to carry but so far, it is very impressive! I got the Black Diamond version with night sights. Very cool pistol! Also, my husband shot his Sig P238. We have posted on this one before and had multiple failure to go into battery with various types of ammo. He scrubbed it and slingshotted it many times without a lot of improvement. Then sent it back to Sig. They did something (not sure) but the next range session was a little better but not great. Maybe 1 of 4 shots would be failure to go into battery vs the original 8 out of 10. Today, it was flawless! We were crunched for time but for 25 straight shots, no FTB issues with either slow fire or rapid fire.
    That's encouraging but still more work to be done! Overall, a great session today! Thanks for all the advice and support!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

2. Remove Ads

Glad everything seems to be working out. I just myself last week ran my brand new PM9 through it's paces, and was perfectly flawless for me.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I ran 205 rounds of mixed 9mm fmjs and jhps through my new Kahr CW9 without any hiccups. The pistol performed flawlessly and was accurate at 15 yards giving me 2 to 3 inch groups. I am sure others can do better, but that is plenty accurate for me in a self defense role. I also field stripped and thoroughly cleaned my pistol before I took it to the range. Seems to be the best bet when breaking in a new pistol.
    God bless our troops!

Hope the sig works out; glad the Kahr is all that :)

Update range report on Sig P238 and PM9...

Just an update on another range session with the two, plus the LCP. Went out earlier this week and shot the PM9 with same results, no hiccups at all with several types of range ammo. The Sig shot very well again with range ammo, flawless. We did try the 100gr. Buffalo Bores in the Sig and it had a few problems. Maybe the 100gr soft lead bullet is a little longer, less rounded that the FMJs but it had trouble feeding. Other than that, the two and the LCP functioned great. Love these guns!!!

I hope the Sig works out. Mine has been flawless using PMC Bronze FMJ.
    I could not make it fail.
    I just got a boatload of S&B so I hope it likes that too.

Thanks, the Sig is my husband's gun. He is very encouraged that it is functioning as well as it is so far. That said, he likes to carry his LCP more. Its smaller and easier to carry than the Sig. He just likes the 1911 format of the Sig more as that's what he's used to.
    Last edited by surefire7; April 2nd, 2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: rewording

Love my PM9. That's too bad about your Sig. I expect better quality from them.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Links