Defensive Carry banner

New LCP this afternoon

2K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  pelco44 
#1 ·
I took some advice from you guys and picked up a new LCP Ruger this afternoon for ccw. When I got home I stripped it and gave it a good cleaning then put fifty rounds through it. It was flawless and the recoil was less than expected. I am very impressed. Thanks for the great information on this board.

"now I just have to explain the new purchase to the wife!!:twak:

#6 ·
Congrats on the purchase. The LCP is truely remarkable. I went out and bought a 2nd one no too long ago. My wife liked it as well, so now we have 3 between us. The LCP is perhaps one of the most useful pistols for ccw to come along.

#11 ·
- I haven't had any build quality problems with my LCP. I had one FTF on the third round, but that's the only issue in 300+ rounds.

#12 ·
..."now I just have to explain the new purchase to the wife!!:twak:
Do what I did, buy her one of the new Raspberry colored ones so she can have one too!

Mine has been flawless for well over 700 rounds so far!

#13 ·
Congrats! You'll love it. It can go anywhere you want and you will forget that it is even there.

Now good luck finding .380 ammo on a regular basis!

#14 ·
Congrats! You'll love it. Other than the initial recall, mine has been flawless. It worked fine before the recall, and it has worked fine since. Regarding telling your wife; don't. In a few months if she finds out, you will be able to say, "What, this old thing?"

#16 ·
Great little investment. I carry one frequently. Zero complaints. I did add a Pachmayr slip-on grip to it. It makes it quiet a bit more comfortable to shoot. And, contrary to common belief, it does not have to be install upside down. Fit it on the grip, take an inkpen and mark the are where it covers the magazine release, remove the slip-on, notch it with a paper punch, reinstall it, check for fit. Done..

Enjoy you LCP

#17 ·
Congrats on the new purchase. I've had one for a couple of years now and it's a fantastic deep cover pistol that you can always have with you. I use the Gold Dots and have never had malfunction to date.

Good luck with the wife. Surly nothing that a hug a kiss couldn't fix.:hand10:

#18 ·
Gotta love the LCP. Debating on getting another.

#19 ·
Congrats on the new pistola.:hand10:
Next time consider Glock.:yup:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Another reason that I like Glocks is...they all look alike to the wife!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

#21 ·
Congrats! We have two of them in the family - one for me, and one for my Mrs.

I load ours with FMJ-Flat Points (when I can find them!).

Get the Crimson Trace laser, and paint your front sight with some florescent model paint or nail polish, and you'll be all set!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.