I itching to buy..

I itching to buy..

This is a discussion on I itching to buy.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; a new Kahr CW9. I've been reading a lot of the posts about small pocket guns, and I want something that I can conceal easily ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I itching to buy..

I itching to buy..

a new Kahr CW9.

I've been reading a lot of the posts about small pocket guns, and I want something that I can conceal easily under just a T-shirt in the summer.

I am 5' 8" and 139 - 140lbs. slim. I'm not comfortable with IWB. I think if I stick anything down the front of my pants it jabs me when I sit down. I prefer OWB (belt slide or fobus) holsters.

So far the only thing I've found I can conceal is the Ruger LCR in a Don Hume J.I.T. at 2 oclock position, or Bersa, same location.

I want something as light as the LCR but semi auto with a few more rounds, capability of just carrying spare magazine, small enough to hide under just a t-shirt, but larger than a pocket rocket that is no fun as range gun.

I looked at a CW9 today. Gotta have it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Kahrs are sweet little pistols. I've been thinking about one, too. Maybe a PM45.

The MK9's are easy to carry appendix. I do it often. The shorter barrel keeps it from poking or jabbing, especially if you angle it. Anything beyond a 3" barrel is what I have trouble with, unless it is riding super high.

I've had great luck with the MK's we have. Really would like a K9 for OWB carry someday. I seem to like the metal frames more than the polymers, but everyone has their own preferences.

A PM45 would be (very) nice too.

If you get the CW9 I bet you'll like it.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    What part of IWB carry are you uncomfortable with tkruf? I'm 5' 7" and 150 lbs and have been packing a full size Springer 1911 for close to 20 years at 3:30-4:00.

I'm not up on Kahrs but if you buy a quality IWB holster and a quality gun belt you'll have a much easier time concealing that weapon very comfortably.

JMO and good luck with your search.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Sportsterguy - Well, to be honest, I've tried it just once with my LCR and a High Noon Softy. Not comfortable with my pants gaping out around the firearm and holster. The one I tried, the clip was really tight and very difficult to remove from the belt (probably would have been easier to slide the belt out).

I'm sure there are better holsters out there, and if I bought my pants a size larger, I could find something that I liked. I just rather not have it rubbing against my skin all day and pinching skin between hoster and jeans when I sit down, stuff like that.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Living in south Florida, we often dress VERY casual, beach attire. Trying to conceal my .45 with a pair of baggies or shorts and a tank-top or t-shirt, is not too easy.

So my Spring, Summer and Fall carry is my Kel-tec P3AT (.380) it can go anywhere.

I do carry my .45 with me back and forth to work an most other places and it gets locked in my lock box in my console
    02PSD4ME

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02PSD4ME View Post
    Living in south Florida, we often dress VERY casual, beach attire. Trying to conceal my .45 with a pair of baggies or shorts and a tank-top or t-shirt, is not too easy.

So my Spring, Summer and early Fall carry is my Kel-tec P3AT (.380) it can go anywhere.
    I lived in Clearwater and Miami for 16 years and packed my .45 full time. Just have to dress around the weapon. The Cuban and touristy flowered button down shirts did a great job of concealing the .45. A larger sized t-shirt worked well also. Never made a single time.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    a new Kahr CW9.

I've been reading a lot of the posts about small pocket guns, and I want something that I can conceal easily under just a T-shirt in the summer.

I am 5' 8" and 139 - 140lbs. slim. I'm not comfortable with IWB. I think if I stick anything down the front of my pants it jabs me when I sit down. I prefer OWB (belt slide or fobus) holsters.

So far the only thing I've found I can conceal is the Ruger LCR in a Don Hume J.I.T. at 2 oclock position, or Bersa, same location.

I want something as light as the LCR but semi auto with a few more rounds, capability of just carrying spare magazine, small enough to hide under just a t-shirt, but larger than a pocket rocket that is no fun as range gun.

You're just looking for the right holster for a Glock G26. That's what I read. My apologies if I'm way off base here.

No, sorry Ram Rod, Glock 26, although they are nice, is too thick, and heavier than I like.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

No, sorry Ram Rod, Glock 26, although they are nice, is too thick, and heavier than I like.
    The differences in what you like, and what saves your life in the end span time and distance in the universe. That's a long shot, or long haul from my point of view. Us humans generally see issues when contemplating things such as these. Glock makes an ideal answer for all of your questions. Why settle for anything less? Work with whatever floats your boat.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    The MK9's are easy to carry appendix. I do it often. The shorter barrel keeps it from poking or jabbing, especially if you angle it. Anything beyond a 3" barrel is what I have trouble with, unless it is riding super high.

I've had great luck with the MK's we have. Really would like a K9 for OWB carry someday. I seem to like the metal frames more than the polymers, but everyone has their own preferences.

A PM45 would be (very) nice too.

If you get the CW9 I bet you'll like it.

I have Both a CW9 and a PM45 with nite sites and they are both great guns easy to carry IWB at 4 oclock even for a fat guy...... I know that first hand also

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The differences in what you like, and what saves your life in the end span time and distance in the universe. That's a long shot, or long haul from my point of view. Us humans generally see issues when contemplating things such as these. Glock makes an ideal answer for all of your questions. Why settle for anything less? Work with whatever floats your boat.
    Dude, you on the payroll?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

a new Kahr CW9.

My CW9 is compact and light, and reliable as the day is long. Way slimmer than any Austrian creation, too - with the tradeoff of only 7+1 capacity. Overall, the CW9 is a little bigger then a J-frame and I frankly find it too big for front-pocket carry, but it's my constant companion when I'm at home. Recoil is very, very manageble, certainly nothing to write home about. I think with a good IWB holster like a Summer Special (I think a Crossbreed is WAY too big for a small gun like this) you have an ideal, compact and lightweight carry gun. Don't forget the spare magazine.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sounds like the Kahr CW9 is the gun for you. Give it a whirl and see what you think.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If you like your Bersa, you might check into their new CCW series, they've got a 9MM and a .40 coming out this year that look like a copy of the Kahr polymer series. Might be worth looking into.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links