PPK/S for CCW

This is a discussion on PPK/S for CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On occasion, I carry my PPK/S if I am suitably attired and it is a proper affair. This little pistol is an Interarms model in ...

Thread: PPK/S for CCW

PPK/S for CCW

On occasion, I carry my PPK/S if I am suitably attired and it is a proper affair. This little pistol is an Interarms model in
    .380 ACP with Altamont Oak Leaf Grips and an Alessi Belt Holster. It is 100% reliable for me using FMJ ball ammunition (for which it was designed). It did take in excess of 500 rounds to break it in; but I have since shot well over 1,000 rounds with no issues of any type with this pistol now. Keep it clean, run it wet, grip it firmly, bear down on the front sight and this PPK/S shoots quite straight and serves me well. Use only genuine Walther magazines; it deserves them; and you risk malfunctions with the cheaper versions. This is not my EDC; but when I need to wear a dress pistol, what finer one could there be?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by druryj; March 20th, 2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: clarity

2. Remove Ads

NIce... I like the Walthers...what brand holster is that??? I bought my son a PPK a couple of weeks ago. I am thinking about a PPK or a Sig 232...

I think the PPK/s is the sexiest gun ever made. I myself had the PPK vs. sig 232 debacle. Each has its advantages, both are great weapons. The PPK is slimmer, but i've heard some people have reliability issues. The sig is a go-bang-every-time machine, albeit a little thicker. Both are fantastic guns. I really wish I had a PPK, stainless, with wood grips :) Oh, and a 232, stainless, wood grips :)

I have carried a PPK/S when the situation required something that size.

The holster shown is an Alessi. It is a classic belt slide for my classic pistol.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If it's good enough for Bond...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Very nice looking Walther.

I've had mine for about 20 years and have never had any issues with it right outa the box. Someone else somewhere said it's like a fine watch and I'd say I can totally agree with that comparison. Slight differences of use and carry for me from the OP. I carry mine often and use gun grease instead of oil. I also run Speer JHP Gold Dots through it and it eats um up and puts um on point of aim perfectly. Great pistol for CC IMO and it is quite the looker as well. I think I'll look for some new grips for mine too, yours looks awesome!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

They're pretty, concealable, and shoot straight. What more could you want? I still haven't had a malfunction yet!

10 yards rapid fire:

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If it's good enough for Bond...
    I thought that Bond carried a PPK which is 32 ACP.

Ceapea

I do believe you're right; wasn't it right after he got rid of the .25 ACP Beretta?
    Last edited by druryj; March 20th, 2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: sp

The only pistol that would give yours some competition would be a Sig P230 or P232. All three are gorgeous firearms.

Administrator
    Those grips look so great on that gun.
    I had a set of ivory grips that I made for my early Interarms and then somebody made me a cash offer that I couldn't refuse for those ivory grips.
    So I sold them...thinking that I would just make myself another set.....some day...but, as of yet...I've not got around to it.
    I kinda wish I had not sold them....looking back on that transaction.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    I do believe you're right; wasn't it right after he got rid of the .25 ACP Beretta?
    This is is the clip where Bond first gets his PPK in Dr. No.

YouTube - James Bond bekommt die Walther PPK

Sorry it's not in English, but it does have subtitles.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I thought that Bond carried a PPK which is 32 ACP.
    The main difference between the PPK and the PPK/S is the grip length and round capacity. The original ppk (pictured here in this thread a couple of times) has flatter, shorter grips and holds one less round than the PPK/S. The PPK does come in .380 as well as .32 now.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

I had a S&W Walther PPK/s and had a lot of problems with it, FWIW I have not heard of very many problems with the Interarms models.
    God bless our troops!

Links