Glock night sights - Page 3

Glock night sights

This is a discussion on Glock night sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd To see the front post and make sure you're pointing the gun in the right direction. Besides, if you can't see ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock night sights

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    To see the front post and make sure you're pointing the gun in the right direction. Besides, if you can't see anything at all then you should NEVER EVER be thinking of pulling that trigger. Secondly, they are for "low light" conditions. Not "No light".
    Night sights are good for the lost of night vision (like after seeing several muzzel blast in the dark).
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    Night sights are good for the lost of night vision (like after seeing several muzzel blast in the dark).
    You know what I meant though. Someone else posted it too. If it's pitch black and you really cannot see who or what is there. Don't even think of touching that trigger. You need to identify a legitimate threat. A Bump in the doorway doesn't necessarily mean it's time to unload. If you cannot visually identify a threat then there is in reality, no target.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Slight thread hijack--I notice there are high and low truglo's. Which is preferred and why?
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Passin' Through View Post
    Slight thread hijack--I notice there are high and low truglo's. Which is preferred and why?
    I always thought the high sights would be for someone using a suppressor of some type. I could be way off base on that though
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I prefer Trijicons having used all 3.

However the factory fixed sights are growing on me. I have them on 2 Glocks.

Trijicons here also. There are times when you may not see a threat CLEARLY at night or low light, but still see them, and if you don't have a set of night sights, you will not see your sights! I hear whats being said about not seeing your target means not seeing your sights either, but it's not true. In a perfect world, you will be able to see both clearly, this world is NOT perfect, and any benefit you can give yourself is a plus. Just go outside on a half moon night and see for yourself. You can see a target, but NOT your sights, unless they are illuminated.

I have a Glock23 factory night sights and really enjoy them. I also like the stock sights on the glocks but felt the extra 40-50 for the night sights were well worth it. A lot of people say night sights can only be seen in low light but mine glow like crazy on my night stand when I sleep and its pitch black in my room. I have always been able to see my sights(at the range, at night during a full moon, during the day, etc). My personal suggestion would be to go to a gun shop and look at the different types of sights on different guns and see which one you like best.

I have the Trijicon on my 26 and the factory "bucket" sights on my others. I am considering upgrading all my Glocks to Trijicons, but I am keeping the factory sights so I can always go back to stock if I want too. Although I doubt I will change back to the factory sights once upgraded.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2¼ barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links