SR9 and SR9c triggers

SR9 and SR9c triggers

This is a discussion on SR9 and SR9c triggers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok…from what I’ve read on a few places….looks like the sr9c has a better trigger. This seems unanimous with people that have had the opportunity ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SR9 and SR9c triggers

SR9 and SR9c triggers

Ok…from what I’ve read on a few places….looks like the sr9c has a better trigger. This seems unanimous with people that have had the opportunity to use both guns. My question is….has Ruger officially come out and said what the difference is? Furthermore have they announced if they intend to use that same trigger on the SR9 and if so when? thanks

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I looked into it just a little. Looks like there are differences in the assemblies, and the SR9 will most likely keep the longer, heavier pull because LE agencies are more likely to pick it up. I haven't found any official statement, so this is just my speculation and worth what you paid for it :)

Welcome to the forum btw.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I have not shot the sr-9C, but i have a full size sr-9 and the trigger pull is just right for me. I have shot Glocks and there is not much difference that i can tell.
    But i am no expert.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    I have not shot the sr-9C, but i have a full size sr-9 and the trigger pull is just right for me. I have shot Glocks and there is not much difference that i can tell.
    But i am no expert.
    I took five out of the counter and they were all over 12lbs and gritty. I have never seen any Glock with triggers that heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Seven View Post
    Ok…from what I’ve read on a few places….looks like the sr9c has a better trigger. This seems unanimous with people that have had the opportunity to use both guns. My question is….has Ruger officially come out and said what the difference is? Furthermore have they announced if they intend to use that same trigger on the SR9 and if so when? thanks
    yes, they completely redesigned the SR9c trigger from what ive READ you cant even "retrofit" the SR9c into the SR9 because its THAT different..Ghost supposedly just came out with a trigger for both models also a few weeks ago.

My Glock 23 2nd Gen that had thousands of rounds through it on a $100 trigger pull gauge(a good one) broke at 6pounds the SR9c at 6.5 ....the SR9c trigger was a bit more length of pull and not as "crisp" but almost as light. I dont shoot from reset so I honestly cant speak as to the reset of the Glock nor the SR9c.

the trigger(or improved trigger I should say) is what sold me on the ruger SR9c..I took both the Glock 23 and the Ruger and tested the triggers(dry fire WITH 2 snap caps simulating a round in mag and 1 in chamber) and was amazed that they felt just about the same as far as pressure to get trigger to break...different but just in length of pull not hardenss of pull and that was backed up later by the scale at only .5 lbs difference.

There are new aftermarket triggers out for the SR9 series which are even better than the SR9c ones: 3.5 lb & 5.0 lb

Ghost Inc.

Correction: triggers connectors

Rocket - 3.5 lb - Ghost Advertised 3.5 lb pull, adjustable Trigger Control Tab (TCT)
    Tactical - 5.0 lb - Ghost Advertised 5.0 lb pull, with TCT
    Ultimate - 3.5 lb - Ghost Advertised 3.5 lb pull, not adjustable, straight drop-in
    Last edited by SavageDet; March 22nd, 2010 at 01:26 AM.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post

My Glock 23 2nd Gen that had thousands of rounds through it on a $100 trigger pull gauge(a good one) broke at 6pounds the SR9c at 6.5 ....the SR9c trigger was a bit more length of pull and not as "crisp" but almost as light. I dont shoot from reset so I honestly cant speak as to the reset of the Glock nor the SR9c.

I own several Glocks, and the trigger on my SR9c is way lighter and more crisp than any of my Glocks. In fact I let a shooting buddy shoot my SR9c, (he was shooting his G19, the only gun he owns) and he was shocked at how light the trigger was on the SR9c. His comment was: "this thing has a hair trigger!"

I don't have a guage, but I would guess the trigger breaks very similar to my Sigs on single action.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    I took five out of the counter and they were all over 12lbs and gritty. I have never seen any Glock with triggers that heavy.
    I agree there..."gritty" ...thats the word

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I looked into it just a little. Looks like there are differences in the assemblies, and the SR9 will most likely keep the longer, heavier pull because LE agencies are more likely to pick it up. I haven't found any official statement, so this is just my speculation and worth what you paid for it :)

Welcome to the forum btw.
    doubt very much any LE agency would pick it up until they can smooth out how the trigger works....thanks for the wlecome

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    But i am no expert.
    the glocks are smoother and crisper than the sr9....my impression...I have a glock and only dry fired the sr9

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    yes, they completely redesigned the SR9c trigger from what ive READ you cant even "retrofit" the SR9c into the SR9 because its THAT different..Ghost supposedly just came out with a trigger for both models also a few weeks ago.

the trigger(or improved trigger I should say) is what sold me on the ruger SR9c..I took both the Glock 23 and the Ruger and tested the triggers(dry fire WITH 2 snap caps simulating a round in mag and 1 in chamber) and was amazed that they felt just about the same as far as pressure to get trigger to break...different but just in length of pull not hardenss of pull and that was backed up later by the scale at only .5 lbs difference.
    Thanks for the reply...

After seeing the SR9 at my local gun shop...seems to me to be one of the nicest guns on the market. grip feel & grip angle very nice, has a nice balanced feel to it, relatively low bore axis which is good for follow up shots. all in all with the exception of the trigger seems like an outstanding gun. mind you I havent fired one yet.
    As in my previous post there are many complaining about the trigger so I was hoping Ruger had intentions to do with it what they did to the Sr9c.

Thanks for the replies....just deciding what to do now

Just for kicks I fondled a full size SR9 the other day at my LGS and the trigger was suprisingly smooth and noticeably lighter than the one I bought back in October. Has Ruger possibly made a change to the SR9 to resemble the smooth trigger on the compact version?
    HK: P30 v3
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Interesting...I dry fired a SR9 at a gun store a while ago - the trigger felt pretty good to me. I was surprised at how good it was, since I had read so many complaints about it. Maybe Ruger has been improving them along the way?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I just bought a SR-9 from Buds Gun Shop and the trigger breaks at 5.75 lbs and is very smooth I really like it. I was worried about the trigger I have heard so much bad stuff about them but hopefully all the new ones are like mine.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edward78 View Post
    I just bought a SR-9 from Buds Gun Shop and the trigger breaks at 5.75 lbs and is very smooth I really like it. I was worried about the trigger I have heard so much bad stuff about them but hopefully all the new ones are like mine.

Ed
    Do you mind sharing the first three digits of your serial number? The original SR9s were 330 and the compacts are 332 I believe and if I remember correctly from my trip to the LGS the other day the newer SR9 I liked so much had a 331 on it.
    HK: P30 v3
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Don't mind at all the first 3 are 331. Bellow is off the Ruger websight so mine is definitely one of the newer ones.

SR9 Pistol
    Caliber: 9mm

Beginning Serial Number: Years of Production:
    330-00000 2007
    330-12387 2008
    330-46283 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Takedown View Post
    Do you mind sharing the first three digits of your serial number? The original SR9s were 330 and the compacts are 332 I believe and if I remember correctly from my trip to the LGS the other day the newer SR9 I liked so much had a 331 on it.
    Ed

NRA Member
    Utah CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Edward78 View Post

Ed
    Most of them are..now that ive gone over 1000 I checked mine again and its about the same as yours..initially a tad heavier then yours but it seems the 1000+ rounds loosened it up.

Was at the local toy store a couple of weeks ago looking to try an
    SR9C.
    I had previously had an SR9 which, even after the recall, had a trigger I didn't care for.
    The store didn't have the C, but had both a LNIB and a brand NIB
    SR9.
    The guy pulled out the used gun and we agreed the trigger was "gritty". He then tried the new one and it was night and day.
    So, based on that one-off experience and "what I read somewhere", it looks like Ruger made a running change on the full lsize.
    BTW, they eventually got an SR9C;haven't yet had the chance to shoot it, but I got it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links