Defensive Carry banner

Sneak Peek at a 9X23 Full House Custom

2K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  artz 
#1 ·
This is just too good to not share. I have been working on a full house 9X23 commander for a local customer. His idea of the ideal carry gun is a Caspian frame and slide in stainless, checkered and bobtailed. The final finish will be hardchrome. I am starting with the pics of the slide here to let you see what is going into this build. I am still waiting on the barrel from Barsto.

All of the slide work has been done by Dan Burwell at Burwell Customs in PA. I have started the frame work. It will be a Nowling/Wilson ramped barrel, hand checkered at 25 LPI on the front strap and rear bobtail housing with all of the appropriate internal pieces featuring an EGW ignition set and then a nice blend of Wilson and Ed Brown components. Dan did arrow serrations, borders, Heinie Straight 8 install. I will be fitting and blending the frame to the slide and then doing 40 LPI serrations on the back to match the work that Dan did on the sights. I am pretty excited about this build as is the customer.

I was going to wait on posting any pics until the build was further along, but I just could not wait to show off the exceptional work that Dan has contributed so far to this build!
http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/

By the way, the cocking serrations are colt slanted cockers. It is just an "optical illusion" that they are vertical looking in some of the pics.

Jess

(Jess - have again split your pics up to separate them - makes them easier to distinguish IMO :smilez: , Chris )

See less See more
#3 ·
I for one, would love to see the pics of the progress as this weapon is "born". The discription of the "guts" of the weapon make it sound very wantable.

I have been intrigued with the 9X23 cal. for some time now. I like to refer to it as a 9mm Mag.

What a great build this will be. Hope all goes well. Can't wait to eye ball the frame. ---------

#4 ·
would also like to see progress pics.

I have been thinking about getting my XSE commander bobtailed

#6 ·
12 Stars A~1 Job

I'm deciding if I should cry a little bit NOW...or just wait until it's finished and really start bawling.

That is some freaking downright beauteous machine work.

Doggone it I love that "work of art" serrated Flat Top.
Nicest Flat Top Serrations I've ever seen & a super crispy, flawless, sight installation. :yup:

That is one very sweet looking slide.

I can't wait to see the completed job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.