Shot a G36 and G30SF today - Page 2

Shot a G36 and G30SF today

This is a discussion on Shot a G36 and G30SF today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't have a problem carrying G36 or full size Glocks IWB. I think it is just as easy to carry my full size 1911s. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shot a G36 and G30SF today

I don't have a problem carrying G36 or full size Glocks IWB. I think it is just as easy to carry my full size 1911s. I use DeSantis Cozy Partner and DeSantis Scorpion. If you are looking for thin and 45, 1911s might fill the bill. You can get Rock Island 1911s for way less than $800. I have never owned one, but would consider one after all the good reviews they have been given on this site. I think with the right holster you could carry your current Glock in the summer.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have had my G36 for a couple years now. I carry it ccw without any issues. I weigh 156 lbs and it disappears on me.

John!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    According to Glocks website a G36 is 1.13 inches wide and a G19 is 1.18 inches wide. .05 inches width is pretty much nil. Now don't get me wrong, the difference between 1.28 (A double stack 45) and 1.13 is noticable for most people but the difference between 1.18 and 1.13 going to be extremely hard to tell apart.
    Actually, I have both a 19 and 36, and there is a big difference. It may or may not be that much in thickness, but the way your had grips the gun is totally different on each. I can feel the difference holding them, and when they are on my hip, in a crossbreed.

However, a friend of mine has a 1911 with a pair of 'slim' alumagrips on it. That thing is actually thinner than my G36. Amazing feel to it.

OP may want to try a 1911 with the slim grips on it, they are pretty sweet.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Edit - On a side note. Back when I first started carrying my first CCW was a G19. I thought it was to thick to carry comfortably IWB. I went through several guns trying to find one that worked. Then I found the Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster. That changed everything. I now carry a PT145 (Double stack .45 1.28 thick) IWB with no discomfort at all.

Agreed. The Supertuck is an amazing holster, and will allow you to conceal just about anything with ease. I bought a lot of holsters before I bought a crossbreed, but I have yet to purchase any since. It's perfect for me!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I used to EDC my SA XD-45 Full Size here in Florida, but was having a hard time with certain outfits. Then I got a new holster and it works better. I love the G36 and it is super accurate. But consider the XD-45 Compact. It is the best of both worlds.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links