Shot a G36 and G30SF today

This is a discussion on Shot a G36 and G30SF today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Want a 45 that is slimmer. Want to carry IWB. My G19 just feels too thick and when I put it next to both the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot a G36 and G30SF today

Want a 45 that is slimmer. Want to carry IWB. My G19 just feels too thick and when I put it next to both the above, not much difference.

Any advice
    Μολὼν λαβέ G19 G36

los
    What type of IWB holster are you using, or intend to use..?

I believe the Kahr PM45 is a bit slimmer in slide width,..and most 1911 platforms.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

My G23 rides fine in a Comp-tac C-tac. Im a short slim dude and I think it works fine. Iv come to the conclusion I will take the depedability of a little thicker Glock and the punch of the .40 cal anyday over a slim single stack pistol.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

los
    Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    ... I will take the depedability of a little thicker Glock and the punch of the .40 cal anyday over a slim single stack pistol.
    No argument there. My G26 was among the most reliable and accurate weapons I ever carried. I just got tired of having to dress around it.

Kahr

The Kahr is slimmer, but I can't find any to rent. Been carrying my G19 OWB in a Don Hume H721 on a looper belt since Jan. Love it. Would like to carry IWB during any hot summer (shorts weather) days here in Western Washington.
    Μολὼν λαβέ G19 G36

los
    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger3 View Post
    ...Would like to carry IWB during any hot summer (shorts weather) days here in Western Washington.
    Have you tried multi-positioning your G19..? How bout cross draw [IWB] position.?

VIP Member
    Regarding slimness G36<G19<G30SF. The differences look small on paper. They don't look much different in side-by-side comparison. On your belt though, it is VERY obvious.

If you want a slim .45acp, the G36 is an excellent example. If you just want a slim summer carry, 9mm will win out every time.

I would think that if you are set on a sub-compact .45acp, you may want to give the G36 serious consideration. You already have a G19 so you already know the mechanics and are familiar with the Glock trigger.

A G36 in a Crossbreed Supertuck will vanish on most people. But, then again, so would the G19. I own both and would be hard pressed to say which is the better choice.

Choices, choices, choices...........

Good luck!
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I agree with Roadrunner; if you can't hide a G36, you wont be happy with anything else. I had a G30 and I have a G36. Sold the 30; will never sell the 36!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I dont find my G36 much easier to conceal than my G22. Have you ruled out 1911s?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I dont find my G36 much easier to conceal than my G22. Have you ruled out 1911s?
    No but rather not spend over $800
    Μολὼν λαβέ G19 G36

Sounds like you have carried the G19, but have you actually carried the G36 IWB? Big difference in the two IMO when actually carried.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I hated IWB carry until I found the cross breed super tuck. Now I don't mind it at all. I EDC a pt145 in a CBST daily with no issue and it is thicker then you a G19 or G36. I'm a slim guy (5'9, 170 pounds) and I have no issue hidding my pt145. I don't go up a size in shirts but I do go up a waist size in pants.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Regarding slimness G36<G19<G30SF. The differences look small on paper. They don't look much different in side-by-side comparison. On your belt though, it is VERY obvious.

If you want a slim .45acp, the G36 is an excellent example. If you just want a slim summer carry, 9mm will win out every time.

I would think that if you are set on a sub-compact .45acp, you may want to give the G36 serious consideration. You already have a G19 so you already know the mechanics and are familiar with the Glock trigger.

A G36 in a Crossbreed Supertuck will vanish on most people. But, then again, so would the G19. I own both and would be hard pressed to say which is the better choice.

Choices, choices, choices...........

Good luck!
    Agreed, the G36 is an excellent choice.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I love my G36 and I don't even care for Glocks.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by D Strokes View Post
    Agreed, the G36 is an excellent choice.
    According to Glocks website a G36 is 1.13 inches wide and a G19 is 1.18 inches wide. .05 inches width is pretty much nil. Now don't get me wrong, the difference between 1.28 (A double stack 45) and 1.13 is noticable for most people but the difference between 1.18 and 1.13 going to be extremely hard to tell apart.

OP, If your looking for slim then you probably want to look to the single stack 9mm's like the Kel Tec PF9, Taurus 709, Kahr PM9/CW9 etc. If you want to stick with .45 try a Kahr CW45. They are thin (Just a hair over 1 inch) and light weight. I have also heard that Kahr has very good customer service.

Edit - On a side note. Back when I first started carrying my first CCW was a G19. I thought it was to thick to carry comfortably IWB. I went through several guns trying to find one that worked. Then I found the Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB holster. That changed everything. I now carry a PT145 (Double stack .45 1.28 thick) IWB with no discomfort at all.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links