Glock 26 Extraction Problem - Page 2

Glock 26 Extraction Problem

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Extraction Problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The vast majority of jams with Glocks are caused by limp-wristing. Hold it firmly and lock your wrist when firing. I would also shoot some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IHS
    The vast majority of jams with Glocks are caused by limp-wristing. Hold it firmly and lock your wrist when firing.

I would also shoot some good quality +P through it. Light fmj factory loads combined with a loose grip can cause jams.

If you have any more probs have an armorer look it over.

Never clean a new Glock...at least for the first 500 rounds. They should be ready to shoot right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by IHS View Post
    The vast majority of jams with Glocks are caused by limp-wristing. Hold it firmly and lock your wrist when firing.

I would also shoot some good quality +P through it. Light fmj factory loads combined with a loose grip can cause jams.

If you have any more probs have an armorer look it over.

Never clean a new Glock...at least for the first 500 rounds. They should be ready to shoot right out of the box.
    That's more constructive than "buy a different gun".
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Oh man, are you Jesus Christ? No. Ok then you are NOT perfect. that means that when you began shooting YOU too had bad habits to correct in order to become proficient right? Don't lie, everyone starts off less than perfect. Stance, grip, hand position, thumb position, trigger pull, follow through etc. You aren't born able to do everything perfectly.

Or is it simply because you're a "Glock Armorer" you really truly believe a Glock is infallible? Let me tell you something, if it's built by man it can fail. Maybe it's 1:1000 odds, but maybe his Glock has a bad extractor for real. Unless you are looking at HIS gun, you don't know. I've seen Glocks fail catastrophically before. From no fault of the shooter.

If the latter is true then this is the problem with Glock fanatics. Glocks might be great weapon systems, but they are very far from perfect. They aren't for everyone either.
    Wow...I'm impressed that someone would shoot it straight.

Any other brand of gun with these issues out of the box and they would be getting the "get rid of it and buy a G", "I'd never trust my life to a weapon that had ever had one failure", "kill it and burn it at the stake and wear garlic around your neck to keep it from coming back" treatment.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I appreciate the suggestions, everyone. I think my first step will be to see if I can replicate the problem again by purposely limp wristing and trying the HP ammo again. If I can't replicate it, I'll chalk it up to excessive lube that wore down a little bit over use. If I can replicate it, then I know what the problem was.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Wow...I'm impressed that someone would shoot it straight.

Any other brand of gun with these issues out of the box and they would be getting the "get rid of it and buy a G", "I'd never trust my life to a weapon that had ever had one failure", "kill it and burn it at the stake and wear garlic around your neck to keep it from coming back" treatment.
    I'm a Glock person. I love them and have multiples. However, Glocks are not perfect and I don't think anyone really believes in a right state of mind that any weapon system is. I can't blame the shooter all the time unless I can replicate the problem by doing what they're doing. The facts in this case do not provide sufficient evidence in my mind to put blame on the operator and say the gun is not problematic. Glock has a fantastic warranty and customer service record. If there is an issue they will fix it guaranteed.

OP: Try different ammo too. Different brands. Maybe they are loaded weak and the spring being new and tight isn't getting a full cycle. That sometimes happens even from the factory ammo. I've seen some firearms that would not function 100% with "low recoil" ammo which was loaded down a bit to be more manageable.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

#1 Replace the recoil spring with a factory new recoil spring. (Yes, the one in it may be new, but it doesn't hurt.

#2 Replace the extractor with a factory new extractor that is of the correct part number for that weapon and generation of that weapon. (Yes, you may have a brand new one. Replace it anyway to be sure it's correct and functional.)

#3 Have an experienced shooter correctly clean, lube and test the gun with 200 rounds of 9mm NATO Spec ammo with fresh magazines that have good springs to using to determine if it's you or the gun.

If those do not clear things up, call Glock. You may need to send it in.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I'm a Glock person. I love them and have multiples. However, Glocks are not perfect and I don't think anyone really believes in a right state of mind that any weapon system is. I can't blame the shooter all the time unless I can replicate the problem by doing what they're doing. The facts in this case do not provide sufficient evidence in my mind to put blame on the operator and say the gun is not problematic. Glock has a fantastic warranty and customer service record. If there is an issue they will fix it guaranteed.

OP: Try different ammo too. Different brands. Maybe they are loaded weak and the spring being new and tight isn't getting a full cycle. That sometimes happens even from the factory ammo. I've seen some firearms that would not function 100% with "low recoil" ammo which was loaded down a bit to be more manageable.
    They are great weapons and a great company...and priced well too. The grip angle doesn't fit me well, but I can't bash them at all. I've shot them and they do (or will) deliver on their reputation. I also think there are many other great weapons and companies out there as well. Like you said, though, no mechanical device is perfect regardless of brand.

I just think it is discouraging to folks when they get a new piece they are excited about and post it and they get the "what I've got is great and everything else is worthless" treatment. As a group of folks with common interests, we should be encouraging each other. If I have experience with something, I'll share my experience, likes, and dislikes, but I try not to bash somebody's purchase.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links