Thoughts on the G27.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the G27. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Owning a G-23 for over a decade and loving it, naturally, I thought the G-27 would be a natural companion for it. G-27... Extremely accurate! ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on the G27.

Owning a G-23 for over a decade and loving it, naturally, I thought the G-27 would be a natural companion for it.

G-27... Extremely accurate!

Makes my hand numb after shooting a couple magazines and not particularly fun to shoot!

I can shoot a G-23, Colt Officers 3" .45 acp., SP-101 .357, Ruger LCP in the hundreds of rounds without my hand getting numb, but a G-27 makes my hand numb after 2 or 3 magazines. I'm not saying my hand isn't getting sore after 125 - 150 rounds with the Ruger LCP, or the SP-101 but I'm not getting numbness in my hand and fingers. I dunno... Sounds funny to me too.

Now, for a qualifier, I have some nerve damage in my right arm/hand from an old injury, and maybe it was just acting up the day I got to shoot the G-27. That's possible.

I really liked the G-27 and man, was it accurate as hell. And of course it's a Glock. I went with 9mm for a sub-compact instead on that purchase only because if it was going to continue to make my hand numb, I did not want to be limited to a couple magazines per range session or risk aggravating my nerve injury needlessly in the future.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I started carrying a G27 the beginning of last summer. I've shot it a BUNCH. I figured when fall came I would switch over to another gun, but never did. It fits me. Conceals great, good power, very accurate, high capacity spare mag.

The only thing I changed was trying the GAP floor plates. They give an improved hold without extra length to the grip.
    GAP Enterprises Floor Plate Extension
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Congrats! The 27 is what I carry most of the time off-duty. My duty weapon is a 23. You're right the 27 shoots well. My dept has an easier qual course for off-duty weapons, but I choose to do the same duty weapon qual course with both my 23 and 27 with no problem.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by kylebce View Post
    I started carrying a G27 the beginning of last summer. I've shot it a BUNCH. I figured when fall came I would switch over to another gun, but never did. It fits me. Conceals great, good power, very accurate, high capacity spare mag.

The only thing I changed was trying the GAP floor plates. They give an improved hold without extra length to the grip.
    GAP Enterprises Floor Plate Extension
    +1 these are awesome.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The G27 was my first gun and was a college graduation gift. Great combination of size, weight, and power.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Owned a G27 and sold it. Still own my G23.

I have a g26 and g27 that conceal quite nicely. They are real shooters too. I don't believe I'd ever seriously consider giving up either of them.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Just wait. My G27 birthed a G26, and now I might be buying a friend's G33. They ******* breed.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    G 27 is my EDC, I can shoot it as well as my G 22. Lot's of fire power in a small package.
    Proud NRA member

IHS
    +++G27 (and G26, G33)
    Attached Images

the m&p40compact is a much better platform for the 40cal. recoils much less, holds more rounds, and is just as accurate and reliable.

just my opinion. many folks prefer the g27 over the mp40c.

if you're stuck on glock, i would choose the g26 loaded with +P+ law enforcement jhp's. great little piece.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links