Thoughts on the G27.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the G27. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive been considering a pocket .380 for sometime now. Looked at the LCPs and P3AT. But just couldnt bring myself to buy a .380. Decided ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the G27.

Thoughts on the G27.

Ive been considering a pocket .380 for sometime now. Looked at the LCPs and P3AT. But just couldnt bring myself to buy a .380. Decided instead to get a G27 with 10 rounds of .40 and dont regret it. Ive always wanted a baby Glock to go with my G23 but always told myself that the 27 was not that much smaller. But after carrying the G27 I can tell the size difference does help when CCing.
    I must say the G27 is a shooter. Im just as accurate with it as my 23. I had no problems wrapping my pinky under the grip. It was actually very comfortable shooting. As expected the Glock has functioned flawlessly with anything I have loaded in it.
    If anyone is considering a sub-compact Glock I can tell you you wont be disappointed. With the ability to switch mags between larger Glocks and the availiability of conversion barrels IMO the baby Glocks could be the perfect CCW.
    Attached Images
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

Mic
    Dido, I carried my G22 for years but got a G27 last sumer and I am extremely happy with it. Id suggest a mag extension, it dose give a better grip and doesn't make that much of a difference in CC
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Love my 26 (9mm)! It is accurate and easily concealable. I even pocket carry it from time to time. I use a standard 10 round mag for some methods of carry and a 10+2 for others. The 10+2 gives your pinky a home and adds very little to the gun. Extra cap mags are available for the 27 also, but I think they are a +1. This was a VERY nice option on my gun. I find this gun to be so concealable and reliable, I use my LCP as little as possible.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

That's up to you. I carry a G23 and anything smaller isn't in my comfort zone. I don't find either a G27 or G23 easier or harder to conceal than the other. Just as easy to IWB either way.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have one that never sees the light of day. It has never been a problem but it's just not my favorite or even my second or third favorite.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And if you just have to increase your ammo inventory, get a conversion barrel for .357 Sig or 9mm. Nice to have the option!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a G27 but if I had to do it over again I would get the 26. I know its a step down in power, but with the short frame of the 27 it makes controlling the darn thing too hard, its snaps up too much.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    I have a G27 but if I had to do it over again I would get the 26. I know its a step down in power, but with the short frame of the 27 it makes controlling the darn thing too hard, its snaps up too much.
    Well, quite honestly. Load up a 9mm with some DPX, HST, or Gold Dots and you'll never find an issue with "power". I've yet to find someone willing to do live fire testing with me by being a human target
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Glad you found your gun! I love my G26 9mm, same size as your G27.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Add the Pearse 'pinky' extension (no extra rounds) for that little extra grip... Glock Grip Extensions
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Have several pistols including 1911s, revolvers, small autos (LCP), med auto (1903), 3 Glocks (22, 27, 30SF). The 27 (with best add-on ever...GAP Floor Plates) has somehow rooted everything else out as my EDC. Hands down. IWB and OWB.
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

I'm a G26 fan myself. It's a all around great choice IMO. Nice and Concealable. I tried the G19 but it was just didn't feel right and always seemed like it was printing. (small degree) Now we have both!

I use my G27 for the summer buy switch to the G23 for winter carry. +1 on the Pierce extension (no extra rounds). It gives you a place for your pinky without making it as big as the G23.
    NRA Life Member

I started my days in CC with a G27. That was it's main purpose was, but never far, and remains with me to this day for those special occasions where I might be without my G23. My G27 has been my anchor through thick and thin....my beginning apparently. I've come a long way since those days but never far from my G27. It's service with me surpasses all of the other Glocks I've had before or currently have in every way.

Enjoy your 23/27 combo. That's a great way to go!!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links