Weekend Springfield Rental

This is a discussion on Weekend Springfield Rental within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When to a indoor range this past weekend, and shot about 150 rounds through 4 different guns. REALLY liked the Springfield XD. The one that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Springfield Rental

Weekend Springfield Rental

When to a indoor range this past weekend, and shot about 150 rounds through 4 different guns. REALLY liked the Springfield XD. The one that I shot was the sub-compact. Excellent feel in my hands! I haven't heard anything bad about this gun.... Was hoping for a little more input....

2. Remove Ads

ntg
    You won't hear anything bad from me....well I wish is wasn't so thick. I have no problems carrying mine front or back or right on the side in regards to dimensions, but if I want to tuck it's showing a little bit of a buldge. It's all about compromises. Get a gun with more barrel and it will be harder to sit in some chairs or for long periods with it. The XDSC is hard to beat in many regards. There are many other good options, but the XD is definitely a good one. It felt real good to me and you need to go with what feels right/works best for you. There's my 2 bits.

BTW...welcome to DC!
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

I have a XD40sc and it's a great weapon all the way around. No negatives from me at all. Pleasure to shoot, accurate, nice features, comes with a flush 9 round mag and a 12 round extended mag with grip boot. Super easy to take down and clean. In 40, it's a great all-purpose weapon (home defense, CCW, range). I highly recommend it.

I carry both IWB and OWB with no problem. The grip safety is a nice feature to me and I don't even notice it when shooting. I also like the loaded chamber indicator and striker cocked indicator.
    Last edited by BugDude; March 22nd, 2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: addl info
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I like the XD line, all of them. Nothing bad to say about them from the standpoint of reliability and comfort. The only gripe I have is very minor and not worth much weight. They are thicker than I'd like. That extra width might bother some for IWB usage, but it's very minor at best.

If you like it, get it! It will give you years of use and will serve you well when the zombies come out at night.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I have been very pleased with my XDSC 9mm. At first I was a little put off by the thickness of the gun. Aside from that, it actually conceals quite well at 3:30/4:00 because of the short grip. Accuracy is good for a short gun.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    My g/f and I love it. I think we've passed the 1500 round mark (probably closer to 2000) and not one malfunction or issue.

(Knock on wood)

All the good things written above are true, great little guns. I just sold mine however, and here is why:

1) I shoot with a thumbs forward grip and found it uncomfortable to do on the XD series. My strong side thumb hit the slide release lever and my support hand thumb hit the take down lever. I have shot this way for too long and could not / would not adjust.

2) It is thicker and heavier than I would have liked. Even though I could conceal it, I don't find the XD line to be an efficient use of space.

That being said, they are fantastic guns and I still recommend them all the time.

Just got a xd40sc this weekend and cant wait to try it out. I really like the feel of the gun in my hand. I read about these things all over and everyone likes them so I bought it. I plan to carry it once I get my CHL.

ntg
    Quote Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
    Just got a xd40sc this weekend and cant wait to try it out. I really like the feel of the gun in my hand. I read about these things all over and everyone likes them so I bought it. I plan to carry it once I get my CHL.

Sounds like you're on the right track...and welcome to DC.

Thanks!

Do you guys carry you xd with one in the tube?

add me to the club. XD40SC with an mtac and a crimson trace.
    Great combanation.

Note: I only use the 12 round mags as the 10 rounder does not give me what I consider a good enough grip. I can shoot it that way, I just do not like it when I have the choice.

added:
    always carry with one in the pipe. the XD40SC makes a lousy club.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

The XDs are great guns IMO. Give the XDm a look too. I am impressed with mine. Over 4000 rounds through my XDm-9mm without a single malfunction of any kind. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tubular031 View Post
    Thanks!

Do you guys carry you xd with one in the tube?
    Always.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I personally feel they are poorly balanced and top heavy. They seem to function, but I have heard from others that under extreme pressures of multiple round training classes etc. they ten d to break more than the other poplular brands...(Glock Sig. S&W HK etc)
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

i have a XD9sc and have NOTHING neg to say about it.
    its reliable, i shoot GREAT with it, better than some other guns.
    i use the 13 round mag with the pearce extension, it hides great on my hip.

and yes one in the pipe......
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

ntg
    When seconds count...YES, one is in the chamber.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links