SIG 225 advice

This is a discussion on SIG 225 advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a chance to buy a "clean" SIG 225 for $400. I have not looked a t the gun yet, but it is from ...

Thread: SIG 225 advice

SIG 225 advice

I have a chance to buy a "clean" SIG 225 for $400. I have not looked a t the gun yet, but it is from a guy I work with. Pretty sure if I pony up for the ammo I could shoot it before purchase. Is this a fair price. What are they bringing.

Is the SIG 225 a de-cocker pistol. If so do you push down on the de-cocker. The reason I am asking this is I pretty much carry Glocks, 1911s and revolvers. If it is DA/SA and you just push down on the de-cocker it would not be that much of a learning curve for me.

I did a search and know they single stack. I am assuming they are fairly compact.

Not to start a war, but if you have one and like it, let me know. If you have or had one and did not like it or did not like some things about it, other than capacity, let me know. I will do some research for holster availablity but if you have knowledge about good IWB for this holster let me know.

Thanks
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I have the P6. Like the 225. Yes it is a decocker. You push down on it. $400 is a good price for a Sig 225.
    They fit my hand very well. Great pistols.
    Last edited by Gunnutty; March 22nd, 2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

This man deals with a lot of new and used Sigs. You can check out his website for price comparisons. All his available guns are linked in the left hand column.

Right now he doesn't have any used 225's but his NIB (German) 225 is $799 w/ night sights. Check back regularly because he gets new and used Sigs in weekly.

Summit Gun Broker
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The 225 is an awesome weapaon...buy it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    I love mine. I beleive it to be the finest 8 shot 9mm made.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Take a look at Top Gun Supply. They are selling the Sig 225's from the Swiss Police. They start at about $299, and go to $399 for a "Very Good" condition.
    I believe these have mostly holster wear. If your friends is cosmetically nice, I'd go for it. New are $799.

Links