Glock LEO / Military discounts

This is a discussion on Glock LEO / Military discounts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried to use the Glock LEO / Military discounts? I'm getting ready to buy a new G27, and being active duty military I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock LEO / Military discounts

Distinguished Member

Glock LEO / Military discounts

Has anyone tried to use the Glock LEO / Military discounts? I'm getting ready to buy a new G27, and being active duty military I wanted to use their military discount. I'm assuming that I can go to any Glock LEO authorized dealer and do the paperwork to get it. I just would like to know if it anyone knows for sure how it works as I am unable to get ahold of Glock because I'm in Afghanistan.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

You need your DD-214(discharged) or Military ID(active). You need to purchase the firearm from a "Glock Law Enforcement Dealer" There are a few in each state. The paperwork is straight forward just need your name, address, ID# etc. Then you get a $100 discount on the pistol. Local to me, the LEO price is $400+tax for the Glock 27.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I got both my G-23 and my XD9sc using my LEO discount. I'm a tactical medic for a swat team and not a sworn officer.

The Glock is my duty weapon so no problem there.

The XD9sc is a personal weapon so I did get verbal permission from the Sheriff before making the purchase just as a courtesy to him.

All I needed for both transactions was my Sheriff's ID card. Your active duty Mil ID should be all you need.

For the Springfield XD I recieved an extra Hi Capacity magazine as part of Springfield's LEO package. So I got one 10 round mag and two 16 round mags with the XD9sc along with the price discount.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

BTW: the Glock LEO guns are marked LEO on the box and come with 3 magazines instead of 2. The dealer has to order them separately from the civilian models because they are labeled differently.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

So this discount applies to any honorably discharged vet?
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Distinguished Member
    I don't know about just discharged military. The paperwork I have says active, reserve, NG, and retired military. I don't know if it is just discharged.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Active Army here in Atlanta. With a copy of my orders bringing me to ATL I picked up a G23 from a local Glock dealer for $398 before tax. And yes, the LEO package comes with 3 mags instead of 2 for the civilian version as was stated already in this post. Good bargain
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    Question 2: How long does it usually take to get the pistol though the military discount? Do they ship it from the factory, or is it something that if they have them on hand I can walk out of the store with it the same day i show up?

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr View Post
    So this discount applies to any honorably discharged vet?
    I was told when I ordered mine that you need a retired ID card if you are not active duty or a first responder

Question 2: How long does it usually take to get the pistol though the military discount? Do they ship it from the factory, or is it something that if they have them on hand I can walk out of the store with it the same day i show up?
    I was also told that they have to be ordered from the factory. They also come with the 5 lb trigger. It took about 7 weeks to get mine in. G35

I have two Blue Label Glocks here. I am an EMT and am covered under Glocks discount. Pretty good deal. $455 after tax each. The Glock 26 only came with TWO magazines though.

I was in and out with mine in about 20 minutes, just long enough to run a phone background check and pay the man...
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

My g27 was 398 plus tax im active duty just took a copy of id and orders since im not a resident. Mine came with to mags and now the local store can get them from the same store for 435 witch is better than a 4 hour round trip for 37 bucks
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I was also told that they have to be ordered from the factory. They also come with the 5 lb trigger. It took about 7 weeks to get mine in. G35
    I don't believe that all model have to be ordered factory, yours perhaps, since it is somewhat uncommon (G35).

I can walk into GT Distributors and have a new one on the spot if I want. There's no wait when you buy them there.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Military-wise, you have to be active duty or retired. Current ID card is all that's required.

MY G30 (blue label) came with only 2 mags. But for $434, I can afford to get more--mags. I opted to purchase a G21 mag and sleeve for higher capacity. Sometimes I suspect Glock Distributors grab the next one on the shelf and slap a blue label on it, 3 mags or not.

The G22 I'm currently considering is $398. I don't know how that price can be turned down.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Over here in Georgia we have stores that offer the military/LEO discount for people who are members of the GSSF Glock Sport Shooting Foundation.

Basically for us civilians we can pay the $35 fee for the GSSF and get almost any new glock for the $399+tax discount as well...and that's with 2 mags, loader, brush, lock, box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links