Defensive Carry banner

Finally broke down

2K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  rickz301 
#1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I was walking through my local pawn shop not even looking for guns when it caught my eye: a like new Glock 17 for $350. Seemed cheap enough so I asked to look at it. Under inspection I found it has factory glock night sights and a lasermax guide rod laser (which, by the way, retails for about $300). Now when I noticed this I couldn't ask for the 4473 fast enough. Now I need to shoot it.

Ok guys, open season, give this 1911 guy all you got for buying a glock.

#9 ·
sometimes they look pretty, but ya know where your heart is... stick with that and leave the Glock alone. Sell it for a profit and buy you a good 1911... you'll be happier in the long run.

#10 ·
Well I'm not convinced as to what to do with this particular gun. I know I can sell the laser itself for about $125 at my local store ( already asked) and I know I can flip it today and make 50 - 100 bucks rather easily. Then again, if I sell it and down the road I want another one I'm looking at 400 bucks at least. So with the laser sold and replaced with stock parts ( not really a laser kind of guy) I'd be only into this pistol in the neighborhood of $250 Which is almost free by pistol standards. It probably will not get placed in the carry rotation but I can see it being a fun range toy. There are benefits of both options, but the laser is getting the heck out of my gun asap.

#13 ·
Don't take it too seriously. I have a Springfield 1911 that's proven very reliable. It's 45ACP, so for financial reasons, I don't shoot it as much as my Glocks which are 9mm. However, when I do shoot it, I inevitably shoot better with it than with my Glocks. It's really very frustrating.

#16 ·
That was NOT a good deal...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
it was a STEAL...:image035::hand10:

#19 ·
Awesome deal....That is one of the better Glocks available...it is a great all purpose gun.

#23 ·
Sacrilege....

But in all seriousness, keep the laser and sell the glock. There's a slim chance you'll find a use for the laser (bringing down airplanes, driving dogs crazy, slowly giving someone retinal cancer?), but other than a paperweight I'm coming up blank on uses for the Glock.

Really though that's a great deal, may your Austrian friend treat you better than mine.

#21 ·
I bet you could heat the Glock up and mold it to make a decent holster for the 1911. Just kidding, I have Glocks and 1911s. Congratulations.

#22 ·
Fantastic deal, the only way you coulda done better would have been if it was an XD!!!

#24 ·
Good luck on reaching out there to give the Glock a try.

"I was walking through my local pawn shop not even looking for guns when it caught my eye:"

My problem is that I never would see good deals like that on Glocks since I'm always looking past them to see something that actually interests me. A Glock never catches my eye.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.