So tempting but I shouldn't

This is a discussion on So tempting but I shouldn't within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just had to go to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday before a job interview and see what cool hardware I could drool over. I asked to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So tempting but I shouldn't

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I just had to go to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday before a job interview and see what cool hardware I could drool over. I asked to see a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm and I must say it felt like it was made for my hands. The price tag on it was 1,099 which was like !

The thought of selling my one and only AR-15 to buy it ran across my mind but I put way too much money into it. So I will try to gather the strength to wait until I get employed again and buy a Sig P226 in 9mm outright and I sure am not paying over a grand for one... holy cow!

Darn this sucks!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Hope you can get it in the near future
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Good choice to keep the AR. When the SHTF Id much rather have it. SIG is really proud of that P226.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

los
    I hope you land a job that pays you enough to buy two P226s on the first paycheck..!!

Good Luck.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

What model P226? There's a FFL in southern Virginia that'll sell you a used P226 (base model with night sights) for $425. I've checked them out, they're in pretty good condition. Some light holster wear seems to be standard, the worst one I saw had some scratches on the trigger guard-not sure what caused that, probably dropped. I love my P226, but I would not pay that much for it.

That is a very proud price...I ain't that proud!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Keep the AR, keep looking for a used/like new Sig. They are out there, I've seen many in pawns and candy stores.

The new Sig E2s are AWSOME....but I wouldn't trade a AR for one. That price seems like what I've seen in my area for the E2s....the "normal" 226s are in the 800 range around here new.
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I agree with keep the AR and get a used Sig. I have 3 Sigs and all of them are used and are virtually perfect.

I know what you mean. Temptations. I try to limit them anymore. But I can say that sometimes when I've given into those temptations, I've been spot on and come out for the better. All of it makes me whole and complete. Although I wish for a lot of things, I'm completely satisfied with where I am now. Once I get a real notion that I want something badly enough, I make it happen any way I can short of compromising my current position. 20+ some years into my interests in firearms, and building my idea of the best and most practical for me has come about by living by one rule when it comes to trades.........long guns get traded for long guns, and pistols get traded for pistols. I've never mixed and matched, because their purposes are so different. I love each and every one of my firearms for what they are and their prospective employment. I've achieved balance over the years with the tactical, the long range, the hunting, the self defense, and the carries. When you truly love, work with and depend on the firearms that you have, placing a monetary value upon them for something that you want more in trade is sort of going in the wrong direction if you know what I mean. If you're thinking of selling your "one and only" of something that is dear to you in one form or another, for something else that peaks your interest, then one of two things has happened. Either you never loved it for what it is in the first place or it's quality didn't live up to your expectations, or you got it for a bargaining tool in the future, and just playing the market. Determining fair market value for your firearms and figuring their net worth is never out of the question. If I had dues to pay tomorrow with no other means, then I would rather sell them all as to choose what goes first, and live my days as a broken man. I'll never trade a "one and only" of anything, even though I might sell to see the next day. If I do so, it will be based solely on means of survival, and what I need, and not what I want. The world is full of want and eye candy, the strength for you to carry on the basics is within you. Choose firm ground to do your battles. Let there be no regrets.

Look on Gunbroker, and Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri., and you will find a better deal.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

And this isnt even stock....and he has other nice ones.
    Firearms, Guns, Rifles. Grain Valley, Missouri.

and one from Gunbroker.
    The Sig Sauer P226 S4 Brand New! : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

These arent even stock!!
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I bought my p229 for $380 just after the election. It's like an old pick-up. Tough and ready when you need it.
    For a man interested only in passin' through, he suddenly found himself entangled in a deadly struggle….

ad utrumque paratus

I feel your pain...so many guns, but so little time (and $$$).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don't tempt temptation.

You'll lose every time
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links