New addition, range report, good vibrations

This is a discussion on New addition, range report, good vibrations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back in January I sold my EDC Kimber Ultra Carry. I loved the gun but wanted an ambidextrous safety as I am left handed. Looked ...

Thread: New addition, range report, good vibrations

New addition, range report, good vibrations

Back in January I sold my EDC Kimber Ultra Carry. I loved the gun but wanted an ambidextrous safety as I am left handed. Looked into adding the parts and gunsmithing fees and another $250 into it wasn’t worth it to me. So I’ve been cruising pawn shops and gun shows looking for her replacement.

Low and behold last Saturday I came across my new mistress. A like new Springfield Arms EMP or Enhanced Micro Pistol. It is a 1911 style 9mm with tritium night sights, three clips and a holster and mag holster. They don’t get me much since they are for a righty. The seller was local to me so he took it off the table and I met him Monday morning for coffee, doughnut and firearm purchase. On Saturday afternoon I visited my local shop looking for the same gun new, not in stock but a quick inventory check told me I could have a new one for $1079. I guess my purchase price of $850 would qualify as a bargin.

Cleaned her Tuesday night and disassembly was similar to my Kimber. Went to the range during lunch on Wednesday and put 150 down the pipe (found 5 boxes of Remington 115gr green box at Wally World for $13.47 a box). I shot the first 100 using Blazer Brass 115gr JHP and the next 50 were some reloads passed on to me from a friend. The Remington is in the range bag for the next trip.
    So I was never really good grouping with my Kimber, couldn’t ever really figure out why either, maybe the .45 and a 3” barrel? The EMP shot like a dream. Once I got comfy with the trigger I started placing better groups than I have ever shot before. Still not going to win any 3 gun trophies but I am very happy. I even shot 27 rounds weak side, one handed with my 20/200 eye. This was fun since the target was a complete blur. Lined up the sights and picked a spot on the target and nice tight groups. Then I shot another 27 strong side, one handed. Really good groups. I never shot this good before, very controllable gun, I think I am in love.

I can still use my old holsters and I now have the best EDC carry gun I have owned.
    Attached Images

Congrats! - i almost picked one up too - seems like everyone reports that it shoots like a dream and I think it looks great too.

Senior Moderator
    Great looking 1911, hope she serves you well.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Gosh I really like those EMPs. Im saving my quarters to get one someday.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links