New addition, range report, good vibrations

This is a discussion on New addition, range report, good vibrations within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back in January I sold my EDC Kimber Ultra Carry. I loved the gun but wanted an ambidextrous safety as I am left handed. Looked ...

Thread: New addition, range report, good vibrations

New addition, range report, good vibrations

Back in January I sold my EDC Kimber Ultra Carry. I loved the gun but wanted an ambidextrous safety as I am left handed. Looked into adding the parts and gunsmithing fees and another $250 into it wasnít worth it to me. So Iíve been cruising pawn shops and gun shows looking for her replacement.

Low and behold last Saturday I came across my new mistress. A like new Springfield Arms EMP or Enhanced Micro Pistol. It is a 1911 style 9mm with tritium night sights, three clips and a holster and mag holster. They donít get me much since they are for a righty. The seller was local to me so he took it off the table and I met him Monday morning for coffee, doughnut and firearm purchase. On Saturday afternoon I visited my local shop looking for the same gun new, not in stock but a quick inventory check told me I could have a new one for $1079. I guess my purchase price of $850 would qualify as a bargin.

Cleaned her Tuesday night and disassembly was similar to my Kimber. Went to the range during lunch on Wednesday and put 150 down the pipe (found 5 boxes of Remington 115gr green box at Wally World for $13.47 a box). I shot the first 100 using Blazer Brass 115gr JHP and the next 50 were some reloads passed on to me from a friend. The Remington is in the range bag for the next trip.
    So I was never really good grouping with my Kimber, couldnít ever really figure out why either, maybe the .45 and a 3Ē barrel? The EMP shot like a dream. Once I got comfy with the trigger I started placing better groups than I have ever shot before. Still not going to win any 3 gun trophies but I am very happy. I even shot 27 rounds weak side, one handed with my 20/200 eye. This was fun since the target was a complete blur. Lined up the sights and picked a spot on the target and nice tight groups. Then I shot another 27 strong side, one handed. Really good groups. I never shot this good before, very controllable gun, I think I am in love.

I can still use my old holsters and I now have the best EDC carry gun I have owned.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! - i almost picked one up too - seems like everyone reports that it shoots like a dream and I think it looks great too.

Great looking 1911, hope she serves you well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Gosh I really like those EMPs. Im saving my quarters to get one someday.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Links