Glock 26 --1st impressions + shooting video

This is a discussion on Glock 26 --1st impressions + shooting video within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys Thought I would share my experiences with my new GLock 26 I had today--- And for anybody else wondering or considering the G26 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 --1st impressions + shooting video

Glock 26 --1st impressions + shooting video

Hey guys

Thought I would share my experiences with my new GLock 26 I had today--- And for anybody else wondering or considering the G26

First off I EDC a ruger lcp and have been debating a very long time between the Kahr PM9, CW9 , PPS and a few others . Well I ended up heading to my local range and fireing the PM9 and wanted to fire a PPS , well they didnt end up having the PPS to fire so I chose the closest what I thought was, the GLock 26. GLock was never even originally in my lineup of choices.

THe PM9 shot great , It had a great trigger, with lots of travel , like the lcp, but alott smoother, and was surprisingly accurate.

Then I shot the GLock 26, talk about very smooth , a really nice trigger and really accurate. This gun was to good to overlook. Nothing against Kahr but It seems like Kahr is more of a hit or miss as far as reliablity from what I hear and have seen. I do know there are thousands of happy kahr owners out there I am not bashing Kahr. .

I never did get a chance to shoot a PPS , and wished I had, but overall I really loved the reputation of the GLock and 11 rounds it carries over the 7 of the PPS & PM9.

Long story short ==I ended up ordering the GLock 26 with nights sites. I must admit the stock night sites from Glock are sweeet, them things glow really well in pitch black, I am really impressed with the sites. I do feel though the stock sites ( Polymer with white bar) I noticed might have been a little bit quicker to pull up on and aim, but their would be no comparison in the dark or dim lighting, that night sites are the way to go compared to the standard sites.
    The night sites appear to be white during the day and glow really bright greenish at night.

I dissasembled the gun, which is very quick and easy to do, and removed the grease from the factory and sprayed it down with CLP cleaner and put back together and headed to the field where I shoot.

After loading up with some WWB 115 FMJ (very hard to find around here ) from my local Meijers, who has them for only $20.99 per 100rounds by the way

I shot over a 150 rounds and let me tell you for only haveing a 3.5'' barrel this gun can shoot. I was happy to see for the 1st time out with the gun how well it was on target. I put some paper on a peice of cardboard and off hand shot from 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 yards, and was more than impressed with the accuracy, ecspecially still getting to know this gun , I really feel I could even tighten the groups up even more.

Overall I am really impressed with the G26 and couldnt be happier, with the fit, finish and accuracy of the gun.

Attached below is a short clip of todays shooting at 7 yards, Read the description in video and I list the other groupings of the gun and where they are on the peice of cardboard, sorry Its not the best vid out there haha, gives you a idea of the accuracy I was averaging.

YouTube - Shooting Glock 26

Anyhow thought I would share my experiences with the G26 .
    Bob

2. Remove Ads

Good deal, glad you like you new Glock.
    I own a G26 too and its my primary CCW
    Glock on!!!
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

VIP Member
    You'll love the 26... Mine is my EDC during the cooler months down here...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

The G-26! A choice I don't think will ever let you down!

Congrats on the new pop gun. Carry it religiously and don't be caught without it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Good choice. I bought a G27 recently. Baby Glocks could be the perfect CCW.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Congrats on a Glock/great decision...
    I carry a '36', but I also have the '26'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I chose the 26 as my primary too. It's just a great weapon!

I consider my G26 to be one if not my best and most valued CC pistols. Congrats on your choice. You could've done a whole lot worse and not much better at the same time. It's really a matter of choice.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Congrats! I recently picked up a G26 as well. In choosing a 'mini 9', I compared it to Beretta's PX4 storm sub-comp & Keltec PF9.

'Love the G26. It's everything that I've come to expect from Glock.

...Okay, I still may cheat and get the Keltec too...

I was in the same situation trying to decide between the g26 and pps. Went with the glock and never looked back. I still pine for that pps, but I'll never regret picking up the glock. It's such a versatile gun; once you unload a 33 rd mag from it you'll be even more happy with it. That and the price of pps mags are way too high.

Congrats on the new GLOCK. I've got the wife unit wanting one of these so I can have another GLOCK to play with and maybe even get to carry it now and then or maybe I should get my own...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Great choice, Great gun! I have my G26 on everyday. Congrats!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Great choice. Of course, I just bought one too. It's so easy to shoot and easy to conceal.
    * Glock 27
    * Remington 870P

Congratulations on a great choice. Nice shooting too.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    You're hooked!!! Seek Glockaholics Anon now before it's too late!!!

I started with a G 27, (my EDC) and have since added a 22 RTF2 and a 19 RTF2. Maybe 1 or 2 more in the near future.
    Proud NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links