Range Report: Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm

This is a discussion on Range Report: Sig Sauer P250 Subcompact 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here it is all. I have been anxious to try this little simple beauty out since I bought it. It has been some time since ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here it is all. I have been anxious to try this little simple beauty out since I bought it. It has been some time since I have fired a DAO pistol and was a little worried. I don't know why. It functioned flawlessly! Before I took it out, I deburred any sharp edges within the firing mechanism. I noticed that when I pulled the trigger with the slide off, I could feel it catch a little. After filing the edges just a bit, the pull was smooth without the little catch. Satisfied with the trigger job, I went to the range.

I put 200 rounds of Winchester White Box through it without any malfunctions. I also fed it some Hornady Critical Defense and Federal Hydra-Shocks. I set up a target at 10 yards and at 25 yards just to test the limits. Here is the target at 10 yards.

5 round grouping off hand, looks to be about 2 inch group.

I ran out of targets so I was shooting at a cardboard box at 25 yards. The box was about 16 inches wide. I was able to keep the rounds within 5 inches of center, off hand. For a subcompact, I was very impressed with the accuracy of this pistol. Especially a DAO!!! If I had to compare the Sig P250 SC to anything, it would have to be a Glock 26. The Glock trigger is definitely crisper and faster for follow-up shots, but for the reasons I chose a DAO, I could not have chosen a better weapon for CCW. The trigger of the Sig P250 is long, but extremely light. The recoil is much more manageable than a Glock 26. I just can't say enough good things about the Sig. I simply love it! I can't wait to get the .40 S&W X-Change Kit.

Very nice...How much $
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I paid $499 at Academy Sports in Tuscaloosa, AL.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a 250 compact. My impression is the same as yours. The gun is great; congrats!
    I like to have carry choices, so I ordered the sub-compact exchange kit, which is about a six week wait from Sig. I fondled the sub in a 2sum kit, but no one had only the sub, or else I would have ordered that first.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

well adam! you've just pushed me over the edge! i have been trying to convince myself of buying the 2sum but, could not find a use for the full size. my final answer would be..... buy a compact then get the sc frame! yesssssss sir you are correct!!!!! thanks for the report. BTW can i drool over you 250sc. plssssss...... show me show me......
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Thanks for the review

Can you (or anyone) describe the trigger as compared to
    a S&W revolver (length and wgt. of pull ) ?

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

The 250 has great ergonomics and accuracy. Good review and nice shooting.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    Thanks for the review

Can you (or anyone) describe the trigger as compared to
    a S&W revolver (length and wgt. of pull ) ?

I compare the trigger pull this way:
    I have a S&W model 10 that has been worked on. I used this gun as a steel plate / bullseye gun, and it has over 10,000 rounds through it. The double action pull on my Sig 250 is as light, smooth and crisp as the trigger on the s&w 10. Best out of the box double action I ever felt.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I got to fondle one at a gun shop a few days ago. If I was looking for a new pistol and did not already own Glocks, this would be high on my list. I liked the trigger better than the trigger on the XD, which feels "mushy" to me. I like the Glock trigger better than the Sig 250's, but the ability to change sizes and calibers is intriguing.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    I compare the trigger pull this way:
    I have a S&W model 10 that has been worked on. I used this gun as a steel plate / bullseye gun, and it has over 10,000 rounds through it. The double action pull on my Sig 250 is as light, smooth and crisp as the trigger on the s&w 10. Best out of the box double action I ever felt.
    Perfect analogy with the S&W Model 10 trigger.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    nice review... let us know how the 40S&W kit works out... more pics and another range report to look forward too?
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

sig p250

I also carry this gun! I love it, dont think i would carry anything else! im new to this page and is a sig lover!

P250sub compact

Hi,
    After over 1000's of rounds through the p250 sc I'm pleased to say that it is ok. If one were to own or buy this sub compact pistol, I think you could expect it to do what you want it to do. Mine shoots 9 mm parabellum, with 3, 16 round magazines (made for compact 250) and the 12 round clip that comes with the 250, I feel very confident that the pistol in
    the need for defense, would be fine. I have had one round jam, but after "Rambo" style semi auto fire for a good bit,.... As in my p226 has jammed in the circumstances. It is reliable. Period.

I'm vexed as to all the criticism as a DAO pistol, you should expect it to be just that. At 5.5 lb trigger pressure the 250 is a smooth nice " telegraphic" like pull. Meaning it is reliable, consistent, and comfortable. The sub compact is easy to conceal and easy to carry without fear of any issues .

Either way I know that if I were to have this pistol in a time of need I would be happy.
    Have fun be safe and as I keep in mind, the p250 is just a gun. It works. Maybe it is good to not be too boggled down in anything?!

P250sub compact

Hi,
    After over 1000's of rounds through the p250 sc I'm pleased to say that it is ok. If one were to own or buy this sub compact pistol, I think you could expect it to do what you want it to do. Mine shoots 9 mm parabellum, with 3, 16 round magazines (made for compact 250) and the 12 round clip that comes with the 250, I feel very confident that the pistol in
    the need for defense, would be fine. I have had one round jam, but after "Rambo" style semi auto fire for a good bit,.... As in my p226 has jammed in the circumstances. It is reliable. Period.

I'm vexed as to all the criticism as a DAO pistol, you should expect it to be just that. At 5.5 lb trigger pressure the 250 is a smooth nice " telegraphic" like pull. Meaning it is reliable, consistent, and comfortable. The sub compact is easy to conceal and easy to carry without fear of any issues .

Either way I know that if I were to have this pistol in a time of need I would be happy.
    Have fun be safe and as I keep in mind, the p250 is just a gun. It works. Maybe it is good to not be too boggled down in anything?!

sig sauer p250sc review

Just got my sig today at ace hardware for 350.00$ and it comes with tritium night sights WOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links