Thinking about getting a glock

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting a glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its finally happend. I have been bitten by the glock bug. I am in the market for a new or used glock in the 40 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting a glock

Its finally happend. I have been bitten by the glock bug. I am in the market for a new or used glock in the 40 cal platform. I dont mind full size frames. If I bought used, what is a fair price for a used model in decent condition. Any recomendations on what would be a good set up would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    The Glock that you are going to shoot well, carry everyday and not leave on the night stand.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I carry every day all day. I am leaning towards the glock 22. Any thoughts on this choice?
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid.

By the way I am making a purchase tomorrow so please help.

I carry my G31C as an EDC and have been considering a move to a G32 for better concealability. The full-frame was comfortable even in the temporary Uncle Mike's I bought when I picked it up at the FFL, and even more so in the SuperTuck. Also, if you need a decent online deal, aimsurplus.com has police trade in G22s for $349 Gen 2 and $389 Gen 3, though depending on how much you dress around your EDC, you may want to consider a G23 instead.

A Glock 22 is a bit on the large side for a CC piece even by my standards. Check out the G23. I think you might find it's just the right size, with good capacity.

I truly love mine. I have a Vicker's tactical extended mag release, glock extended slide release, and glock night sites on mine.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Well I am by no means a glock expert, ANd have just recently purchased a G26, (prob already saw my recent post and thoughts on it ) and It is a super gun and I am sure whatever glock you decide to go with your going to be happy.

If your looking to go with the .40 , Dont over look the G27, it should conceal a little easier than the others,

Dont forget you have the option with the G27 to use the G23 & G22 mags to make it a feel like a G23 or G22, and higher capacity mags.
    You can also purchase the mag sleeve adapters to fill in the gap with the longer mag

ALso if you didnt know for the G27 you can buy barrels and convert it to shoot 9mm , and .357 . A nice option to have . Sorry cant help you as far as what the going rate is on a used .40

Hope this helps
    Bob
    I donít carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I donít carry a gun because Iím evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bondersma View Post
    Well I am by no means a glock expert, ANd have just recently purchased a G26, (prob already saw my recent post and thoughts on it ) and It is a super gun and I am sure whatever glock you decide to go with your going to be happy.

If your looking to go with the .40 , Dont over look the G27, it should conceal a little easier than the others,

Dont forget you have the option with the G27 to use the G23 & G22 mags to make it a feel like a G23 or G22, and higher capacity mags.
    You can also purchase the mag sleeve adapters to fill in the gap with the longer mag

ALso if you didnt know for the G27 you can buy barrels and convert it to shoot 9mm , and .357 . A nice option to have . Sorry cant help you as far as what the going rate is on a used .40

Hope this helps
    Bob
    What he said.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I'll just go out on a limb and suggest the G24.

Actually, in the .40's, The G23 would probably be what you're looking for.

A used, decent condition G23 (here in MN) will usually go for $4-450. Occasionally, they can be found for less, but it takes some looking and the shape may be a bit more rough, or it may be an older generation police trade in. .

At the State Fair MWCA show last week, most new Glocks were going for $475-$499. FWIW, there were the full-size, police trade in Gen2 G22's for sale at the show for less than $350, iirc
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by b1780 View Post
    I carry every day all day. I am leaning towards the glock 22. Any thoughts on this choice?
    get the 23 instead if your thinking CC or the 22 if its home defense/range use only. and I assume you have held or shot a Glock and its grips and your hands agree..thats why I finally got rid of my 23..the only Glock id own now is the 36 because its the only Glock thats grips fit my hands. I was selling my Glock 23 for $375 and could not sell it( I had it on multiple boards for over a year and no sale at $375 and it was in decent shape too and had aftermarket Warren tactical sights) and ended up trading it so you should be able to get a deal on a used Glock im thinking one in average condition for around $350-375

I love Glock, I love .45's, and my EDC is a Glock-36.
    I agree with the others above, from what you have said, the Glock 23 would be you best choice.
    Good luck shopping.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glock 27 would be my suggestion. Very concealable and will take the higher capacity mags. Great pistols and will run under any condition.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Choose one Glock 40 cal? G27.

If I could only own one gun, it would be the G23. It is the most versatile and practical gun in my arsenal. I usually carry the G27, ( because it's easier to conceal), but the G23 is a natural fit for my hand and the .40 is a great load.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    A Glock 22 is a bit on the large side for a CC piece even by my standards. Check out the G23. I think you might find it's just the right size, with good capacity.

I truly love mine. I have a Vicker's tactical extended mag release, glock extended slide release, and glock night sites on mine.
    I agree.

I have the whole .40 S&W series of Glocks. For CCW the G-23 does the best job. I consider the G-22 more of a main battle pistol.

The G-27 is very handy to have around when the weather really starts warming up and you are down to just a t-shirt.

Take a good hard look at a G-23 before committing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links