Glock 26 vs Glock 27 - Page 2

Glock 26 vs Glock 27

This is a discussion on Glock 26 vs Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Go with the 27. It is just as easy to shoot and keep on target as the 26....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 vs Glock 27

Go with the 27. It is just as easy to shoot and keep on target as the 26.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Well, i had a 27, too snappy for me, i have a 26 and it is a dram to shoot for me......in fact, not that you aslked but my walther PPS in 40 was just so much easier to shoot the 40 than the 27, so I would recommend the 26, and as others had said, when Wally world has 9 in stock, it is about $10, whereas 40 is about $15-16......so 50% more, if that matters.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I am currently shopping for a new sub compact for CC once I get back from Afghanistan. I love the glock line, and have shot a lot of different models that they have to offer except the sub compact models. My only concern between the G26/27 is the recoil of the bigger .40 cal. I would gladly give up the bigger bullet for a better shot group that can possibly be had with the smaller 9mm. I would like the bigger caliber if it can be controlled well so I can make them 2nd, 3rd + shots if needed. My intention is to be proficitent with the pistol as it is built, without using any sort of extra extender for the magazine. I'm just wondering how much more recoil the .40 has over the 9mm when firing the gun without using the pinky. Just trying to get some sort of a gauge before I am able to put some rounds down range with them.
    IMHO, with the experience you have with firearms the difference in recoil will be insignificant. I own a g26 and g27 and just love the increased power of the .40 cal round. There's no real difference in weight or ease of carry either. The only difference is the loss of that additional round you get with the g26.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Difficult for me to be objective about it. I started my carry days with a G27 and still have it ten years later. Very controllable and accurate for me. Now that my wife has and carries a G26, I can shoot either, but I'm still most partial to my G27 with or without some pinkie finger assistance. I've never considered a caliber swap in any of my Glock pistols as for me and my way of thinking, that would detract from their reliability. All other factors considered such as ammo and availability, I figure the G26 and G27 are about equal. As with the sub-compact Glocks, you need to have a crush grip......everything else comes down to pistol management. Get whichever works best for you and forget about the differences in recoil. Believe me, there's not that much difference. Preconceived notions shouldn't sway your decisions.

I have a G27. My brother-in-law has a G26. Either pistol will work fine.

One novelty bit that may swing your decision... the G26 will accept the G18 extra hi-cap mag (I think it's about 30 rounds).

A little history behind my statement... I purchased a G23c, then a G19... after a year or so was considering buying a subcompact.... ended up buying the G26, and I'm very happy that I did... I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I'd also recommend that you try them both out for yourself at a gun rental range, and don't just use stock range ammo... try some self defense ammo!!!
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by takurpic View Post
    I have a G27. My brother-in-law has a G26. Either pistol will work fine.

One novelty bit that may swing your decision... the G26 will accept the G18 extra hi-cap mag (I think it's about 30 rounds).
    There's a .40SW Glock magazine that holds 29 rounds. It's just harder to find.

I think it comes down to ammo supply. Can you get ammo and practice with it? You can learn to handle a .40 if you shoot a lot. There's no substitute for range time. If you have other 9mm pistols now then you might be better served with another 9mm unless you are just looking for something a bit bigger than 9mm.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    There's a .40SW Glock magazine that holds 29 rounds. It's just harder to find.

Here they are!

topglock.com: Scherer High Capacity Magazine scherer extended magazine for glock

Backordered

They're all pretty hard to get hold of.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Get the G27 and then buy a Storm Lake 9mm barrel for it for $125 then you have 2 guns in 1.

That's what I did and I love it!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Glock 27 and a 9mm Lonewolf barrel for $99.00. Thats the way to go. Plus 9mm magazines of course.
    Attached Images
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

If I am not mistaken to really get a full 9mm conversion you should also change the extractor because it is setup essentially to extract a .40SW casing and the depth is not the same as 9mm exactly so reliability might not truly be 100%. Is this not correct?
    -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    If I am not mistaken to really get a full 9mm conversion you should also change the extractor because it is setup essentially to extract a .40SW casing and the depth is not the same as 9mm exactly so reliability might not truly be 100%. Is this not correct?
    You should be fine with just a barrel and 9mm mags. If get spent caseings in the face you might want to consider a 9mm extractor.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I have both the 26 and the 27. There is not a significant difference in recoil. They are the same size and nearly the same weight. I usually carry a Glock 30 but use the 27 in a fanny pack for when I go to the gym because of the light weight. The 26 is more of a practice gun because of the cheaper ammo. You can not go wrong with either gun.

Genghis

i got both and personally can't tell that much difference between the two when it come to recoil.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links