Price check Kahr pm9

Price check Kahr pm9

This is a discussion on Price check Kahr pm9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im set on buying a Kahr pm9 for the summer months, what is a good price on one? Went to a gun show today and ...

Thread: Price check Kahr pm9

Price check Kahr pm9

Im set on buying a Kahr pm9 for the summer months, what is a good price on one? Went to a gun show today and was expecting to get a deal on one..... Didnt happen. So what should i pay for a new one?
    If guns kill people then i can legitimately blame misspelled words on my pencil!!!

NRA Member

I think I got a great deal at Lou's Police Supply down here near Miami, $540 before taxes, Two tone, standard sights...

Bought one a few months ago at GT Distributors for $600 (two tone, with night sites) Great little gun!

Hmm around here in Mi , they are going around 650-700, but just lately my local store here was running sale on em for 600, no night sites. Amazing the price differences around the states.
    I donít carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I donít carry a gun because Iím evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Msprink051 View Post
    Im set on buying a Kahr pm9 for the summer months, what is a good price on one? Went to a gun show today and was expecting to get a deal on one..... Didnt happen. So what should i pay for a new one?
    Prices vary by region, and certainly by store. So, if you're looking to purchase from a store in your area, then quotes from your area should be the more reliable.

If you know exactly what you want and don't mind purchasing via online auction, GunBroker.com can be a good service. I've purchased (and sold) several firearms there. Generally speaking, particularly if you are patient, you can get a better deal than locally. At least, I have found that to be the case on several occasions. As well, it's not a bad way to acquire something when your local area has little inventory of them.

If nothing else, GunBroker.com can be useful for determining the street price of something. A search for a given firearm in the subject/title among auctions ending in the past 90 days can be very useful.

I've been watching Kahr PM9's for the past couple of years. Used to own one. Am keeping relatively aware of the current price for one. Depends on features, of course, with the DLC going for a bit more, and night sights going for a bit more. But from what I've seen, a NIB Kahr PM9 can go for ~$490-590 or so; DLC, about ~$75-100 more; factory night sights, another ~$50-100 more. Even with these guides, though, you can find exceptions on GunBroker.

My comfort level? On GunBroker, $500 for a PM9; $540 for a DLC; $600-625 for DLC with night sights. But that's just me.

Recently, I have seen a couple of PM9's go for under $500. About a year ago, dozens went for $530 from a few shops I was tracking. Lots of used PM9's get sold on GunBroker, but many times they don't go for much less than new ones. I have seen a few locally on the shelf NIB for ~$725-775 for two-tone and night sights. They are quite popular, everywhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Little buggers are expensive! Kahr's in general that is.

Seen the price tag, (suggested retail), on the new PM45???

$1,022.00 !!

Good luck on your 9mm quest.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

MN, paid $575 for a lightly used one last September

I paid $600 for a BNIB PM9 with night sights about 6-7months ago here in Western New York.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I'm on the hunt for one too. I wish I could find a PM9 for under $500. I'd be all over it. I'm really looking for the black one and will keep looking until I find the right deal.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

My post is not about the PM9 but about Kahr's Customer service.

I took my Kahr P45 to the range for the first time hoping to have a good range session, it did not happen. On my 49th rd, something smacked me in the forehead. After clearing the gun I looked around on the ground and found a spring and pin. After looking at the book I got with the gun, I found it to be the extractor pin and spring, could not find the extractor.

I contacted Kahr on Monday and they told be to send it back and they would cover it. Sent in in on Wed. and I got it back on the following Mon. They replaced the whole slide, keeping my barrel, upgraded the mag release and installed a new set of night sights, I sent mine in with standard sites.

Since I got it back I have put 300 rds thur it with NO problems, it is a very nice shooting gun.

I have to say that their Customer service was EXCELLENT in my case, and I would not hesitate to purchase another one.
    02PSD4ME

Man, after seeing these prices and hearing that story makes me love my little, ever faithful Kel Tec P11 even more!!!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    I'm on the hunt for one too. I wish I could find a PM9 for under $500. I'd be all over it. I'm really looking for the black one and will keep looking until I find the right deal.

Keep watching GunBroker. Yet another went for $500.00 just a day or two ago. A couple weeks earlier, one for $480 went. Of course, those aren't NIB, but NIB aren't hat much more on GB, from time to time.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Keep watching GunBroker. Yet another went for $500.00 just a day or two ago. A couple weeks earlier, one for $480 went. Of course, those aren't NIB, but NIB aren't hat much more on GB, from time to time.
    Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you see another one getting ready to close for under or around $500...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Links