.380 +p - Page 2

.380 +p

This is a discussion on .380 +p within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I load my PPK and my Sig P238 with Buffalo Bore. A couple hollow points and then the solid lead. This was a recommendation I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .380 +p

I load my PPK and my Sig P238 with Buffalo Bore. A couple hollow points and then the solid lead. This was a recommendation I received on another forum when I asked a similar question. On that forum several people said they fired Buffalo Bore in several 380's with no problem. Not familiar with Kel Tec 380. Not a fan of Kel Tec. The Kel Tecs I have PF9 and P11 doesn't take +P at all. They refuse to feed them. That's a problem to me. I'd need to shoot enough to know that they will feed and fire effectively, but, I'd be reluctant to put enough through the gun to get that comfort level.

I don't practice with them. For practice I use standard 380. Too much of a good thing is not good.

The Sig, I believe is rated for +P, not sure.

I see a niche for 380's. Very concealable. When in light clothing it makes an excellent concealed weapon. But light shooter. Buffalo Bore pumps it up. My way of thinking, if it breaks the gun and saves my life. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by jsunsr View Post
    I see a niche for 380's. Very concealable. When in light clothing it makes an excellent concealed weapon. But light shooter. Buffalo Bore pumps it up. My way of thinking, if it breaks the gun and saves my life. Oh well!
    +1, there it is.... Not everyone wants to worry about concealing a 9mm or higher. The only ones even close in size are to darn pricy. Pocket auto are here to stay, and personally I think it's a hellofa market for um.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

My son has a LCP, and I accidentally bought him some Buffalo Bore +P. WOW, does that hurt your hand pretty bad. I have a TCP, and I am not going to try it. The TCP just fits my hand better than the LCP. I have to look to see if the Taurus is rated for it. I doubt it.

I carry a P3AT and will leave Buffalo Bore ammo along.

I don't want over penetration that is why I carry 380 with HP ammo.

Would think that for stubborn cases, just apply second or third dose, problem should clear up right away.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

By the time you have sufficiently proofed the gun with the +p ammo, you may be out of money, and the gun my be damaged.

I am always ammused by people putting a magazine or two of defensive ammo through a small weapon like a keltec, then declaring it good.

You should be testing the little guns you carry EVEN HARDER than you would a larger fighting pistol.

A SIG P6 or a Glock 19 are build to be fought with. To be fired. To be worked out.

These little guns? "Carry a lot, shoot a little..."

You can trust them all you like. I don't.

If you want to carry a little pistol, ring it out. Shoot it till you are confident it works all the time. Clean, dry, wet or dirty.

I wouldn't use hot ammo with these little guns. I'd use QUALITY ammo. And shoot enought of it till you either reach failure, or are confident that the gun really, truly works.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldemon7 View Post
    My son has a LCP, and I accidentally bought him some Buffalo Bore +P. WOW, does that hurt your hand pretty bad. I have a TCP, and I am not going to try it. The TCP just fits my hand better than the LCP. I have to look to see if the Taurus is rated for it. I doubt it.

Actually I believe on Taurus' catalog or website they state that ALL of their handguns are rated for +P. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

Do not use +P ammo (especially Buffalo Bore) you will be sorry...!!! You can use it in a Diamond Back if you have one but NOT the LCP or Kel-Tec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links