Springfield XDSC 9mm vs. SC. 40

• 9mm

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • .40 S&W

Votes: 12 27.9%

XDsc9mm vs sc.40

3K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  JSlack 
#1 ·
I have decided on the Springfield XDsc as my next gun. Buds has a great deal on both the 9mm and 40 but I can't make up my mind on which one to get. Does anyone own both? Feedback will be appreciated!

#2 ·
I own the XD9sc.

It is going to essentially boil down to which one you shoot best. All things considered, like the G-26 vs. G-27, they are essentially the same gun in different calibers.

As far as which caliber is better for defensive purpose, I think you're splitting hairs.

What you really want to be is the person who shoots the other person first, and to that end, the answer is, which ever caliber you shoot better and more accurately.

JMHO.

#6 ·
I don't think anyone will say they shoot .40 better than 9mm. They might shoot both equally well and find the .40 to be manageable. In that case then I'd say go with .40 just to have the slightly bigger bullet.

#8 ·
I went with the XD40sc. Same size weapon, better SD round (in my opinion). I own a couple other 9mm, so I went for a different caliber. Shoot a 40 at a range and see what you think. I like the round a lot. I also think the XD40sc is a great all-purpose weapon. The extended mag with grip boot makes a great HD weapon as well.

#11 ·
BigDude got his SA XD40 SC about the same time as I got mine. I agree with everything he said. It's a great weapon.:hand10:

#12 ·
I can't really vote. I have the XDsc 9mm. I'll echo Bark'n, you're splitting hairs with caliber choice.

I chose the 9mm, because ammo was cheaper. Your caliber choice is going to be a more personal one, based on economics, your current ammo selection and, of course, which caliber Kool Aid that you drink. :wink:

#16 ·
I have a XD9sc, and I love it. I like the 9mm since you get more rounds per magazine (13+1 and 16+1), cheaper ammo, and slightly easier to shoot.

The XD40sc can have a .357 sig and a 9mm conversion kit put in, so you can shoot all 3. It's up to you. Personally, I'll just stick with 9mm, so I didn't worry about being able to convert.

#17 ·
I am currently debating between a xdm9 or 40 in the 3.8 bbl. I think I have settled on the 9, purely out of cost reasons. I am a firm believer that perfect practice makes perfect. in order to afford to be able to practice, 9mm is the way I am going to go. at roughly $10/50rnd for 9 and $20/50rnd for 40, I can shoot twice as much for the same price. I can know i can make the shot with a 9, or think twice with the 40.

make sense?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.