Who owns both:LCP & P380

This is a discussion on Who owns both:LCP & P380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have a PM9 for pocket carry, but looking at 1 of the 2 for rear pocket carry. I already know all the advantages ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who owns both:LCP & P380

Who owns both:LCP & P380

I already have a PM9 for pocket carry, but looking at 1 of the 2 for rear pocket carry. I already know all the advantages that the Kahr has over the LCP-slide lock, polygonal barrel, real sights/night sights, + P capability, comes with 2 mags, and a better trigger. That being said, I've read quite a bit that makes me a little leery of the P380 reliability at this point and it's almost twice the price. I love my PM9, but for the price of the P380 I could have the LCP, CT, a pocket holster, and 200 rnds of .380. So what I'm looking for is input from people that own both and their thoughts on dependability, value, as well as ease of concealment from the two.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

2. Remove Ads

I own both the Kahr P380 and Ruger LCP. Both have Crimson Trace lasers installed. IMO, the Kahr P380 is the much better gun, for the reasons you specified. The trigger is MUCH better and I have a much easier time shooting it. Aside from one hiccup on the 3rd round, the LCP has been very reliable. My P380 had one Federal JHP fail to go back into battery. I simply pressed the slide release and it was fine.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but the LCP is a much better bargain.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ge-report.html

I also should note that I don't rear pocket carry either of them. I find it very uncomfortable when I sit with either. I usually carry them in my left front pocket and they disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I own both the Kahr P380 and Ruger LCP. Both have Crimson Trace lasers installed. IMO, the Kahr P380 is the much better gun, for the reasons you specified. The trigger is MUCH better and I have a much easier time shooting it. Aside from one hiccup on the 3rd round, the LCP has been very reliable. My P380 had one Federal JHP fail to go back into battery. I simply pressed the slide release and it was fine.

I don't think you could go wrong with either, but the LCP is a much better bargain.

I also should note that I don't rear pocket carry either of them. I find it very uncomfortable when I sit with either. I usually carry them in my left front pocket and they disappear.
    Thanks for the input. How's the recoil compare between the two of them?

I also own both, they each have a CT laser and my P380 has factory night sights. Both are quality guns and I have not had any malfunctions with either one. That being said I carry my LCP almost everyday because for some reason I just shoot better with the LCP. My last range trip I was able to put 25 head shots on target from 15 yards away with my LCP. For the price the LCP is hard to beat. I paid almost double for my P380.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I own both and like the P380 better for the reasons mentioned above. That being said my wife carries the P380 and I carry the LCP. I like my LCP a lot and would trust my life to it as I can also shoot it very well.

If money were no object then I'd take the P380 any day.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

I have both a LCP w/crimson trace and a Sig P238 Equinox The LCP was purchased for my wife and the Sig is my backup. Now the wife wants a Sig P238 so the Ruger is going to be sold or traded.
    The P238 is fun to shoot and is very accurate as is the LCP. We prefere the single action over the double.

Condition one,Cocked and Locked always.:
    comeandgetsome:

Seems like the LCP is all I need for a reliable last ditch gun. I just have a feeling if I go that route, at some point I'll also end up with the Kahr.

I own both, and like both though I slightly favor the kahr. I don't carry either very often though, went with a MK9.

Your last post makes me think this purchase will be for a backup gun, you'll still be carrying your PM9? If this is the case, go with the LCP. For the very reason in your first post, you can get the crimson grips and ammo for the same cost as the Kahr.

If you're flat out replacing your current carry gun, and will only be carrying the Kahr or LCP I'd go with the Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
    I own both, and like both though I slightly favor the kahr. I don't carry either very often though, went with a MK9.

Your last post makes me think this purchase will be for a backup gun, you'll still be carrying your PM9? If this is the case, go with the LCP. For the very reason in your first post, you can get the crimson grips and ammo for the same cost as the Kahr.

If you're flat out replacing your current carry gun, and will only be carrying the Kahr or LCP I'd go with the Kahr.
    Yes Sir I'll still be carrying the PM9 along with the LCP or P380. Only in rare cases when the PM9 can't be concealed will the .380 be the only gun I have on me, and that won't be very often at all. The LCP is sounding like the best bang for the buck at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    Yes Sir I'll still be carrying the PM9 along with the LCP or P380. Only in rare cases when the PM9 can't be concealed will the .380 be the only gun I have on me, and that won't be very often at all. The LCP is sounding like the best bang for the buck at this point.
    You won't be sorry with either. In your situation, I would go with the LCP and CT since it's a backup. I would also add Wolff Springs to your list of things to buy for the LCP. I know that a lot of people on the Elsiepea forum have had a lot of success with their recoil springs. It also solved quite a few FTF problems people were having. I installed the 12lb. recoil spring right away. I also used Wolff springs in my Kel-Tec with great success.

The calibration pack comes with a 11, 12 and 13lb. spring. Your choice on which one is best.
    Springs for RUGER Semi-Auto Pistols

Since you already have a PM9 isn't there something to be said for sticking with the same brand for familiarity?

i also have both guns, but you can change the sights on the kahr. the kahr is a little heavier but it kicks less. i carry the kahr. good luck.

but you still need both of them, and a lot of ammo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post

This is a very good point. If this is only a backup then spend the money on the LCP with CT laser.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

I ended up with a LCP with the CT. Went and put about 100 rounds through it today. Personally I'm not near as accurate with it as I am with my PM9. Lol at this point I think I'm going to sale it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    I ended up with a LCP with the CT. Went and put about 100 rounds through it today. Personally I'm not near as accurate with it as I am with my PM9. Lol at this point I think I'm going to sale it.
    - IMO, you should give it a little more time. The trigger takes a little getting used to, but you should be able to get similar groups. I know that I can shoot my LCP as accurately at 25' as my P380 and PM9. 50' is another story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links