taurus 738 TCP

This is a discussion on taurus 738 TCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ANYONE PICK ONE OF THESE UP YET.. seems to be a nice little carry hand gun..I was comparing it to the LCP in acadamy the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taurus 738 TCP

taurus 738 TCP

ANYONE PICK ONE OF THESE UP YET..
    seems to be a nice little carry hand gun..I was comparing it to the LCP in acadamy the other day..about the same just alot cheaper, 279.00. comes with extra mag, slide stays open on last round and trigger pull is very easy compared to the lcp, and for women the slide comes back real easy. the better half has the LCP but now might want to switch to something easier.

2. Remove Ads

I just saw it in Rifleman magazine today.

I picked one up a few weeks ago. Only 50 rounds through it and no problems. It was between this one and the Ruger. The Taurus just seamed to fit my hand better.

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Search the forums for TCP and you will get a bunch of hits...for instance:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...yesterday.html

I love mine. It shoots great, no problems detected to date and the fit and finish are really good.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

We had two in the shop, sold both within a week. Both failed in the first 100 rounds and had to go back to Taurus. Both were failures of the trigger return spring.

Taurus TCP

Ive had mine since December. It shoots pretty good for its size, no issues with it so far and it is really easy to carry in a jacket pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    We had two in the shop, sold both within a week. Both failed in the first 100 rounds and had to go back to Taurus. Both were failures of the trigger return spring.
    were they repaired and returned yet. maybe there lemons. keep me posted on these. hope they get the bugs out of these little critters, cause I want to pick one up.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kahr View Post
    were they repaired and returned yet. maybe there lemons. keep me posted on these. hope they get the bugs out of these little critters, cause I want to pick one up.
    I hear a lot of stories about lemons from Taurus, so I'm wary of purchasing one. The LCP's have had issues, but from what I've read, they're mostly worked out by now. Even so, I would rather have to deal with Ruger's customer service than Taurus'.

Not trying to brand bash, but I read as many threads as I can, and try to learn from what other people have experienced.

I put another 50 through mine today, a mix of FMJ and some Speer GDHP with not a single issue. I'm as happy as I can be with it, even if it is a little on the small side.

My general rule with any product but ESPICALLY guns is to never buy a first generation. The problem I have with Taurus has nothing to do with their guns it has to do with their customer service which (in my oppinion) screwed my on returning a defective out of the box magazine. That being said I do EDC a PT145 so it obvsiouly didn't bother me that much.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    We've had the same issues here too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Taurus 709 and 738 are having trigger return spring problems - don't waste your $$$ on a Taurus anything -

I have both the TCP 738 and the PT709 and have had NO problems with it even after several hundred rounds each through both of them. As with any manufacture there will be problems. When you do a search on forums 90% of the posts for any product will be for problems as people are searching for solutions. Most people that are satisfied will not post anything. I hope this helps. God Bless :)

los
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfan View Post
    Taurus 709 and 738 are having trigger return spring problems ....
    Would you please provide the data containing that conclusion, or direct me to where the info is available..?

Thanks.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Would you please provide the data containing that conclusion, or direct me to where the info is available..?

Thanks.
    Experience selling them: (I will not stock Taurus anything for this reason) I bought these strictly upon customers requests and I explained to them going in any problems they would be responsible for - as I don' sell and stock Taurus products.

They have had to return three, 1 738 and 2 709's all for the same reasons - believe me, or not, I don't care. Buy the Taurus and find out for yourselves. I will not order another Taurus firearm by customer request or otherwise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links