Ruger lcr ????? - Page 2

Ruger lcr ?????

This is a discussion on Ruger lcr ????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been interested in a LCR. Most of the gun writer reviews state the recoil is not an issue with standard velocity. Many posters ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger lcr ?????

I have been interested in a LCR. Most of the gun writer reviews state the recoil is not an issue with standard velocity. Many posters on various forums state the recoil is not a problem. Others state as above that this is not a range gun and after a few rounds they have had enough for the day. No where around here to shoot before I buy. Would like to run through 50 rds without "pain and suffering". Could go with a SS Smith for recoil control or SP 101 but this is less desiable for pocket carry and becomes IWB at which point a Glock 26 may be a better choice. Or does one just accept light snubbies are o "carry a lot and shoot little"?

I also give a thumbs up on the LCR. It is my primary carry now that the weather has started to get warmer. I've put several hundred rounds through, with nary a problem. It eats any brand without discrimination. No jamming, no fouling.

Ruger got it right with this little one.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I've had 3 range sessions with mine since receiving it. 230 rounds and not a single concern. Fabulous trigger!

Also just got the "Pocket-Roo" with the speed strip pouch from tuffproducts.com (a vender listed on the home page of Defensive Carry), been carrying them both for a week and lovin' it. Nice pocket holster!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Gotta get one as a dedicated BUG. I dry-fired one at my local shop and the trigger was great.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by rogerdodger View Post
    I agree with all above. I am also retarded(retired) haha. No bib overalls, but I can carry in any trousers or shorts with a pocket holster. It shoots well, but hurts my old hand after 5-10 rounds. Not a range gun, but a reliable, accurate carry weapon.. A keeper!
    I need to ad this: I installed a CT lasergrip. It is not padded, like the standard grip supplied with the LCR, hence the "pain" when shooting. I tried the LCR before buying, and no pain, and the trigger is "SWEET".
    After adding the CT grip, I then shot it again with standard grip, BIG difference. I do like the CT so I put up with the pain RE shooting glove etc. for range practice.
    If you are not going to use a CT Laser, you will be very happy.

VIP Member
    My wife really likes hers. There are other revolvers that are as light, but the trigger is what makes it her EDC. I have to agree. I like the LCR. When I carry a revolver it is a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special, but if I were to carry a revolver as a backup gun it would be an LCR.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I really like mine. I've taken it out and put atleast 25 rounds down range, load after load, no problem hurting my hand. I stopped there, not because of recoil or pain, just was busy shooting other guns at the time and having more fun with them. I was happy with the LCR the way it shoots.

It's my primary carry gun.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by 45MINK View Post
    If you have a Ruger LCR or have owned one . I would like to hear opinons , likes , dislikes or if you had any "hiccups" . I'm a Ruger fan and have been carrying a "speed six" & a "sp101" . I just purchased a LCR for "SUMMER CARRY " because the other 2 are too heavy for shorts . Also I'm not a S&W fan , so please don't suggest a airweight lol .
    I have a friend who has one and have shot one. I now rank them AHEAD of the great S&W line just as reliable and a TON better trigger. Thats not to say that S&W could not have a trigger lightened or may come out with something in the future with as nice a trigger as the Ruger..but right now for me Ruger tops the Snubby CC heap.

at the gun store I actually sold 2 of them for the store...you know how you overhear conversations..well this gun store guy has a bunch of snubbies and the Ruger LCP on the counter..the older lady(in her mid 60's) wanted a self defense piece but could not rack the slide on a semi auto and the triggers on the S&W her hubby recommended she could barely use..gun store guy was trying all kinds of ways to sell her that LCP and trying to figure out all kinds of ways for her to rack the slide.

I said(as I saw the LCR still in the case) have you ever tried the trigger on that Ruger?? Older Gentleman says I think Ruger triggers are usually not as nice as S&W ones..I said oh that one is brand new and IMO has the best trigger of any snubby on the market right now. Wife pipes up and says let me see the one that man was talking about...she picked it up and pulled the trigger and a big smile spread across her face. she says to her hubby..you have to try this...He takes it says its pretty light then tries the trigger...lol he shifts his glasses further down his nose to get a better look and pulls it again and asks the gunstore guy...are all the triggers like this...he says he thinks so but isnt sure..I said yup all the ones ive tried all good and all nice...he tells the guy...if thats true and you have 2 of these in stock I want one also...give me 2 of these..I ask when they will have the Ruger SR9c in(thats why I was there) gunstore guy says I have Ruger SR9's in stock..I said I saw the SR9's but I want the COMPACT one not the full size...he says he didnt know anything about it..

the other lady that works at the store is ringing up the old couple....and the old man turns to me and says you should work here you just sold 2 guns for them and id probably have not bought anything if you had not shown me that LCR :) thats gotta be the sweetest stock trigger double action ive seen..I said I agree :) . glad to help out.

I have had my LCR for almost 1 year and have 400 rounds through it at this point. Mostly 130 gr std loads, but a box or 2 of 125 +P. I have the CT grips on it and i LOVE this gun!!!

Carrys like a dream and shoots even better. Just a week ago I was at the range and put 100 rounds of WWB 130 gr through it rather quickly. If I had another 100 rounds I would have shoot it too! I cant understand people stating its unpleasant to shoot. I could shoot STD loads all day, +p is a bit stiff...

To date-no issues with this little revo. Just orderd a XS big dot front sight for it!

Ruger lcr ?????

I have a Ruger SP101. It's heavy and its trigger pull is long and strong. I would love to get a lightweight but will likely just get a trigger job for a fraction of the cost of getting an LCR.

HOWEVER

I tried the triggers of the LCR and the S&W line of Airweight and M&P lightweight 5 shot revolvers. The LCR was very smooth. I can easily do a Double Tap or Controlled Pair with the LCR.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

[QUOTE=CDRGlock;1668242]I have a Ruger SP101. It's heavy and its trigger pull is long and strong. I would love to get a lightweight but will likely just get a trigger job for a fraction of the cost of getting an LCR.

Good luck getting it down to 13 1/2 oz. I have the LCR, I now want a 4" gp100.

cdg
    I didn't get the LCR at first. I first wanted a smith and wesson j frame. My dads airweight titanium did not feel right to me. Then I was bored one day and asked to handle an LCR for fun. I walked back later that day and bought it. Its light, tough and has a nice trigger.

To me its hogue grip makes discrete pocket concealment tricky. This grip also makes it fun to shoot and practice with. I bought it to replace my LCP but so far it has not. It is a wonderful little weapon. I believe once I buy an ankle holster for it that I will carry it more frequently. My occupation requires discreet carry so my LCP is still my copanion.

But a fun to shoot defensive carry gun? I am sold. I've always been biased to revolvers (no reason just personal)

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    still loving mine, it has about become my primary CC in the heat and humidity of the Carolinas. Wouldn't you know S&W and Taurus came out with their own copies.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...7_757751_image

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I just got 2 of the Ruger LCRs. One in .38 special and one in the .38/357. The .357 is nice to shootsince I am disabled and carry it in a fannypack when I am in my power chair or scooter since my amputation of my right leg almost a year ago[7-8-09]. you can see more on the LCR .357 shooting on GUNBLAST.com. richgp100z

Quote Originally Posted by richgp100z View Post
    I just got 2 of the Ruger LCRs. One in .38 special and one in the .38/357. The .357 is nice to shootsince I am disabled and carry it in a fannypack when I am in my power chair or scooter since my amputation of my right leg almost a year ago[7-8-09]. you can see more on the LCR .357 shooting on GUNBLAST.com. richgp100z
    When did you pick up the .357 LCR? I knew the xs/bootgrip combo was already out, but have yet to see the .357 available anywhere.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links