Ruger lcr ?????

This is a discussion on Ruger lcr ????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you have a Ruger LCR or have owned one . I would like to hear opinons , likes , dislikes or if you had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger lcr ?????

Ruger lcr ?????

If you have a Ruger LCR or have owned one . I would like to hear opinons , likes , dislikes or if you had any "hiccups" . I'm a Ruger fan and have been carrying a "speed six" & a "sp101" . I just purchased a LCR for "SUMMER CARRY " because the other 2 are too heavy for shorts . Also I'm not a S&W fan , so please don't suggest a airweight lol .

2. Remove Ads

I'm not an owner, but I did rent one and shoot about 100 rounds through it. The trigger on it is extremely smooth. I had a much easier time with the trigger pull than the S&W airweights, etc. I ran FMJ's and a few +P JHP's during testing. It went flawlessly. The only reason I didn't buy it was that my wife didn't like the recoil and decided on the Ruger LCP.

I carry a Kahr PM9, which conceals a lot easier on me. I still may buy one in the future with a Crimson Trace since I really liked it.

great little revolver...small, light, dependable as a stone ax. NOT a range gun (too much bite for long sessions) but very accurate within its parameters. I put a CT on mine, and can shoot nice close groups with any kind of ammo I care to feed it. Definite thumbs up.

I had no problems with mine when I had it. Great trigger, very light, and the Hogue grip really makes a difference. That being said I just sold mine to make room for my incoming S&W.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I bought one with the CT grips and just couldn't make friends with it; too much blood from the grip tearing the web of skin between thumb and index finger. Called Ruger and, $70 later, got the Hogue grips and couldn't be happier! Good gun, good concealment; hardly know I'm wearing it.

But: DITTO on "not a range gun."

I have been carrying one 75% of the time for 4 months and am very pleased. Since I am retarded now, I wear bib overalls most of the time. The Ruger stays in strong side front pocket in a cheap pocket holster. I like it--light and available.
    Now that summer is approaching in Texas, I have used it in cargo shorts and it is no problem. Just remember to wear a belt or you may moon the widow next door or the preacher when they slide down. I do wear regular clothes and have a Don Hume IWB leather for that. It works great, but if I am dressed other that everyday overalls or shorts, I prefer a Commander length 1911. I have also been known to carry M&P .40 and 5" 1911 also

The Ruger points and shoots naturally for me. Trigger is better than my S*W 357. But the telling story is my 12 yo grandaughter (5' 10" and 100#) loves to shoot it and can do 6" -5 shot groups at 7 yds. She says she can not tell the diference between regular .38 loads and +P.

My LCR is not for trade or sale until I have two of them.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear67 View Post
    Since I am retarded now, I wear bib overalls most of the time.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Pretty much what everyone else says. I love mine.

The main advantage is you can just put in a pocket holster, drop into your shorts pocket and away you go.

Get the speed strips and carry two spare with five rounds each.

hopefully just a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bear67 View Post
    I have been carrying one 75% of the time for 4 months and am very pleased. Since I am retarded now, I wear bib overalls most of the time. The Ruger stays in strong side front pocket in a cheap pocket holster. I like it--light and available.
    Now that summer is approaching in Texas, I have used it in cargo shorts and it is no problem. Just remember to wear a belt or you may moon the widow next door or the preacher when they slide down. I do wear regular clothes and have a Don Hume IWB leather for that. It works great, but if I am dressed other that everyday overalls or shorts, I prefer a Commander length 1911. I have also been known to carry M&P .40 and 5" 1911 also

The Ruger points and shoots naturally for me. Trigger is better than my S*W 357. But the telling story is my 12 yo grandaughter (5' 10" and 100#) loves to shoot it and can do 6" -5 shot groups at 7 yds. She says she can not tell the diference between regular .38 loads and +P.

My LCR is not for trade or sale until I have two of them.
    I hope that was a typo and you meant retired or I'd be a little concerned over who can get a permit in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I hope that was a typo and you meant retired or I'd be a little concerned over who can get a permit in your state.
    Na, we just don't discriminate here in Texas.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

I love mine . It is a keeper . I am planning on buying a 2nd.

THANKS to all of you I really appreciate it .

LCR

I agree with all above. I am also retarded(retired) haha. No bib overalls, but I can carry in any trousers or shorts with a pocket holster. It shoots well, but hurts my old hand after 5-10 rounds. Not a range gun, but a reliable, accurate carry weapon.. A keeper!

I don't get the fascination with the LCR. The tried and true S&W 442 has just about the same specs and is ultra reliable. The fact that the S&W is not polymer gives it an advantage in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
    I don't get the fascination with the LCR. The tried and true S&W 442 has just about the same specs and is ultra reliable. The fact that the S&W is not polymer gives it an advantage in my book.
    To me, it can be summed up in two words, THE TRIGGER! The package is all around good, but the trigger is the icing on the cake. If my 642 had a trigger that felt like my LCR's trigger, I could have overlooked the LCR, but it doesn't (even after having work done).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links