New 1911 on its way!!

New 1911 on its way!!

This is a discussion on New 1911 on its way!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Those of you who have commented on my escapade of indecision, thank you for your input. I finally "bit the bullet"...."pulled the trigger"....etc. My new-to-me ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 1911 on its way!!

New 1911 on its way!!

Those of you who have commented on my escapade of indecision, thank you for your input. I finally "bit the bullet"...."pulled the trigger"....etc. My new-to-me Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded Micro is on its way! The seller shipped it 2nd day air this afternoon so it should be at my dealer either late Friday :-) or Monday :-(

I've spoken and emailed with him numerous times and he seems like a respectable guy selling me a quality firearm. Can't wait to take posession. As soon as I get it I'm breaking it down, inspecting/cleaning/lubing it, giving it the 1911 function test and hitting the range. Sure hope I'm not setting myself us for disappointment. If all goes well it will be my new EDC. Then it will be time to sell my XD9sc to my son-in-law, as much as I hate to part with it. He shot it at the range and instantly spoke of how much nicer the trigger was than his G33 so he wants to buy my XD or get a trigger-job on his Glock. If I wasn't so strapped for cash after my latest purchase, I'd not sell. Still may not.

Either way, I'll give y'all a range report on the 1911 if there is interest.

Wanna see it?
    Attached Images
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Good deal! I have the full size Loaded and it is great. To tell the truth, I was not even aware of the Micro in .45. Seems all the attention has gone to the 9mm which did not interest me. But the .45 does. Please give us a range report.

good gun, you will like it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Nice looking Loaded. Enjoy!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Administrator
    The condition looks super & no "idiot scratch" under the slide stop/release...that's always a good sign.

Believe it or not the majority of 1911s function just fine without any additional gunsmithing needed. It's the sporadic ones that don't run that always make Internet Forum News.

Now it's time to shop for some more magazines & a nice holster.

Looks fantastic, enjoy it, love the 1911!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

los
    Nice looking micro 1911.

Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Good deal! I have the full size Loaded and it is great. To tell the truth, I was not even aware of the Micro in .45. Seems all the attention has gone to the 9mm which did not interest me. But the .45 does. Please give us a range report.
    Will do, Gibber. I have the full-size Loaded also. Love it and that's what got me to looking for a small version. My old back just doesn't like the weight of the full-size every day. Sucks to get old.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Well if you got a LOADED you got cheated! The pics you're showing are the micro compact. The loaded has a rail and a light. I could be wrong, but I own one!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The condition looks super & no "idiot scratch" under the slide stop/release...that's always a good sign.

Believe it or not the majority of 1911s function just fine without any additional gunsmithing needed. It's the sporadic ones that don't run that always make Internet Forum News.

Now it's time to shop for some more magazines & a nice holster.
    Oh yeah, you'd better believe it. Comes with 2 mags and I'm looking into if there is a way to use my full-size mags with it. Possibly slipping a spacer on them?

And Milt Sparks makes a sweet-looking VM2 holster that I would really like to have. IWB and convertable to tuckable.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Great!!!! Enjoy!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by tawcat View Post
    Well if you got a LOADED you got cheated! The pics you're showing are the micro compact. The loaded has a rail and a light. I could be wrong, but I own one!
    tawcat, your's with the light rail is a Loaded Operator. I didn't want the rail. Mine is the Loaded Mil-Spec Micro. Same features as the full-size Loaded but with alloy frame and bull barrel instead of barrel bushing.

How do you like your pistol? Feed ok? Accuracy on par with 3" barrel?

resqr9142.....
    Congrats on the SA Loaded Micro.....
    I have the full-size Loaded...and LOVE it!!
    Looking forward to your range report.....there have been some reliability issues with shorter barrels on 1911s (nearly ALL mfgrs./models)...and that's one reason I've stayed away from the Colt Defender....
    If the SA Micro proves to be dependable.....I just might consider it for my next 1911 purchase....
    Good luck! SA is a top-notch company offering top quality products and service!

Quote Originally Posted by resqr9142 View Post
    tawcat, your's with the light rail is a Loaded Operator. I didn't want the rail. Mine is the Loaded Mil-Spec Micro. Same features as the full-size Loaded but with alloy frame and bull barrel instead of barrel bushing.

How do you like your pistol? Feed ok? Accuracy on par with 3" barrel?
    Ahhh, I stand corrected. I love mine. Shoots great and very accurate. Only issue I've had with mine is it doesn't like the Hornady XTP stuff. Not sure if the casing is a bit bigger, but if I chamber a round and then attempt to eject it, it won't.

Haven't had this problem with any other stuff I've tried.

GM
    Nice! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links