H&K people out there? - Page 4

H&K people out there?

This is a discussion on H&K people out there? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HK USP 40c duty weapon, HK P7 range/competition pistol and another P7 for private, backup carry. It's hard to put a finger on the subjective ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H&K people out there?

HK USP 40c duty weapon, HK P7 range/competition pistol and another P7 for private, backup carry.

It's hard to put a finger on the subjective perception of HK quality, but they feel robust, bank-vault solid, and especially with the P7, like it has a very precise yet sturdy clockwork that operates with the inevitability of democrats raising taxes.

If you pick one up, operate it, and feel that, you'll become an HK aficionado.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    Yeah Hk's are expensive but if you shop around you cand find them for a good price.
    yep. For some reason HK's (USP 45, or USPc anyway) always had some sort of attraction for me. I was able to get my USPc LEM mod w/ night sights through a special program for professional pilots from HK for $545 with case, lock, two mags. If I didn't have that option, knowing what I know now - I'd still probably pay the extra price tag over a springfield or glock. Now other than a 1911 (a certainty) my future may have a springfield XD or Glock - not sure about another HK or not - but I'm certainly happy to have the one I do and have no plans of giving it up.

I got a USP .45 and a MK 23. I love them both, they'll both fire anything you can feed it and are rugged as all hell. They're a bit bulky, and I've got limited experience with the smaller models so I'm not sure how great H&K is as far as concealability.

KoB
    I carry a HK 45C in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster. Very reliable weapon. It is toted 8+1, with the safety off & hammer down.

I'm contemplating what my next HK will be. Like the .45C so much, that I was debating if I wanted to purchase another Compact, but this one would not have the safety on it…only a decocker.

As far as price…you get what you pay for!

At the range, again, today the P2000SK performed with flawless accuracy. Another 120rds through the pipe, without a single issue. No matter what ammo I send through it, the gun just works. Exactly what should happen, with a potential carry gun.

Give me another 350-400rds, and this one will be ready for full-time carry.

Thanks, Heckler-Koch! You make one heck of a gun.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I have two HK's. Both 40 cal. One is a USP compact, which I carry all the time. The other is the USP full size, which is my bedside gun.

I have K&D IWB holsters for them that work great.

I chose the HK USP because I wanted a .40 cal and the USP was designed for that cartridge. I didn't want a 9mm that was juiced up to take a .40

There are a lot of fine choices out there, but I don't think you'd ever regret investing in a HK.
    Wisdom of the Older Gunner:
    To carry a firearm and not have to use it is a blessing
    To not carry a firearm and need one is avoidable and sometimes fatal stupidity

I'd like to get a 9mm HK, just haven't been able to handle one locally. I like to fiddle with them before I buy. The only thing that I can see being a little outrageous is the price of their mags. But the gun isn't really that much more expensive than other service pistols.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Distinguished Member
    I found them at a Cabela's. There is also a dealer search on the HK website so you can pick your next destination vacation spot.

Thanks for all that trigger information up a few posts.

To address the recoil issue that a poster mentioned. The P2000 has a plastic ring on the guide rod which is supposed to help recoil. The P2000sk has a two stage recoil spring that makes it VERY easy to shoot even in my .40. I imagine a 9mm would be a joy.

The 2 stage spring is the same design as the "Recoil Master" that STI uses as an add on for their guns. . . $85-$150 extra.

Here's my baby. Its variant 1. I love this pistol. I've had only a few hundred rounds through it, but I'm starting to reload, so I'm going to get a lot more trigger time.

H&K 45C that is in my avatar. It is variant 1. Love it. I do want to get night sights and flat magazine baseplates for it, though.

This is where I go for a lot of my HK stuff Home Page

He is a real great guy and sells most of his stuff at dealer prices. The site could use some work but check out the prices. He also sells firearms and other gear.....

Carried USP .45c for years. No harder to conceal than any other. Have carried a Glock 27 and/or 23 last few years but the H&K is VERY accurate, eats any brand of ammo and has never had an FTF/FTE in1,800 rounds fired. You get what you pay for with H&K IMHO.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Have USP 40. Love the thing since the day I picked it up. I've put over 1500 rounds through it, and it's my favorite pistol. Wear it with a CBST and not one single issue with it, it spits outs rounds like a hockey player spits out teeth. It's slightly big for me to conceal well, and they're a little heavy. I'm not complaining though.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    This is where I go for a lot of my HK stuff Home Page
    Thanks for that link. Ouch, I see that mag price so I see what you guys mean.

And, I could pre-order my HK MR566 in one-stop-shopping!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links